Have you ever followed someone due to their common beliefs and interest in the specific person? In most situations, a person realizes that the post doesn’t appeal to his/her anymore and it feels frustrating. When the content of the other person starts annoying you then it’s time to learn the procedure to stop following someone on Instagram.
Unfollowing the other person is not a complex procedure yet it becomes confusing when you know the other person. It is quite awkward when the other person will know that you have stopped following them. This article will provide you with all the details through which you can stop following someone on Instagram without letting them know.
Stop Following Someone On Instagram
Most Instagram users always search for different methods to learn how to stop someone following you on Instagram or how to stop following someone on Instagram. To give you a guiding light we have explained the procedure through which you can stop following someone on Instagram without any notification:
1: From Your Profile
- Open up your profile and then select the “following” option.
- Enter the name of the specific person or its account and then select the “following” button.
- Choose the option of “unfollow” to remove it from the following list.
2: From Your Feed
- From your feed, you need to select the post of the specific person and then click on the three dots present at the upper right side of the screen.
- A pop-up notification will provide you options regarding “share”, “hide”, “unfollow”, or “add to favorites”.
- Select the “unfollow” option after some time the specific post will automatically disappear.
3: Block Account
If the other person is seriously threatening you then you can stop following them by blocking them:
- Search the specific person from the following list and head toward the official profile.
- Select the three dots present at the upper right side of the profile.
- Choose the “block” option and the system will ask you to confirm this action.
FAQs About Stop Following Someone On Instagram
How To Stop Someone From Following You On Instagram?
Open up the profile page present at the lower side of Instagram. Go to the “followers” section at the upper part and then select the “remove” option beside each follower you need to remove. Select “remove” again to confirm your action.
How To Stop Someone From Seeing Your Instagram Posts?
You can easily stop someone from seeing your Instagram post by hiding your post from specific people. Instagram provides an opportunity to select your audience hence it becomes hidden from the rest of the world.
How To Stop Seeing Someone’s Posts On Instagram?
Open up your feed and then press and hold the specific profile picture of the desired person. Select the “mute” button if you do not want to see their post. You can also select “mute story”.
How Do You Secretly Unfollow Someone On Instagram?
You need to follow this procedure:
- Open up the profile of a specific person.
- Select the “following” option and then choose “unfollow”.
- Other people would never know that you have unfollowed them.
Instagram is a very wide platform hence you have the opportunity to contact another person without any restriction. In this independent environment sometimes a person wants to stop following someone on Instagram. Three simple procedures are:
Pro-Tip To Stop Following Someone On Instagram
- By blocking them
- Unfollowing from profile
- Remove the followers from the feed.
We truly believe that this post is going to provide you with all the details you want for this topic. If you feel questions at any step then you are free to contact us through the comments section.