Due to the vast range of Apple products, iPad users are spread all around the world. But, sometimes we forget the passcode and our screen shows “iPad disabled connect to iTunes”.
Don’t worry, you can fix it by using iTunes or resorting to iCloud. I mostly use the iTunes method which works best for me.
In this article, you will learn about the best methods used to fix disabled iPad. Also, why does your screen show the iPad is disabled and can’t connect to iTunes, and how can you fix it without a computer? To learn more about fixing disabled iPad, read the article below.
What is the best way to fix iPad disabled connect to iTunes issue?
The following are the two best ways to fix iPad disabled connect to iTunes issue.
Fix Disabled iPad with iTunes
When your iPad gets disabled, connect to iTunes. It says that your iPad has become disabled and you need to connect it to the iTunes app to fix it. Then, to solve the problem, simply follow the steps mentioned below:
- Connect your iPad to any computer or Mac. You’ve synchronized it previously. Now, open iTunes and choose your iPad device from the menu bar.
- Make sure to take a backup before recovering the device. Open Summary > Backups > This Computer > Backup Now and it will take a backup.
- After the backup is completed, go to Summary > Restore iPad to solve the issues. Furthermore, you can restore your data from an iTunes backup and set up the device as new.
- The final solution is to restore from an iTunes backup when prompted. Also, select your iPad and the most recent backup of your device. After it’s finished, your disabled iPad will be restored to its previous form.
Resort to iCloud
If you don’t have a PC and want to get the error fixed. Using the “Find My iPad” feature, turn it on before it is disabled. So, you can easily use iCloud to restore the iPad and fix the issue efficiently.
- Open your iPhone and open the iCloud website on the browser. Now, you have to have your Apple ID and the correct passcode that you used on the iPad.
- After that, click the “Find iPhone” option and then choose your iPad under the “Add Devices” on the top of the screen.
- You have to tap on the ‘Erase iPad’ option and then confirm the action with your Apple ID credentials. It will restore your device remotely for sure.
Why does my screen show the iPad is disabled and can’t connect to iTunes? How to fix it without a computer?
Using Apple’s Find My iPhone service.
- Install the Find My iPhone app through the App Store.
- Log in to your iCloud account.
- After you have logged in, you will see all of your Apple devices using the same iCloud account. Now, you have to click on the disabled iPhone in the list.
- Click on Actions.
- You will find three options available to you. Click on the last one which says “Erase iPhone”.
Frequently asked questions about how to fix iPad disabled connect to iTunes issue in 2022?
Why is your iPad locked and connecting to iTunes not working?
Press and hold the right button for your iPad while quickly connecting your iPad to the computer system. Don’t remove it. Press and hold the button until you see the recovery mode screen on your iPad. Now, let it go.
How to fix it when the iPad says ‘iPad disabled cannot connect to iTunes’?
When the iPad says disabled connecting to iTunes message, it can be fixed by following steps.
- Go to the iCloud official site and log in with your Apple ID.
- Now, click on the Find icon and choose your iPad from the All Devices list available.
- Click Erase iPad. Also, click Erase again to confirm that you want to remove it.
- Once your iPad restarts, enter your Apple ID and password and it will start working.
What is the default passcode for iPad users?
There’s no such default passcode or lock code.
Also read about; How to reset network settings on iPhone or iPad in 2022?
In this article, you have learned why it shows the iPad disabled connect to iTunes issue. You can resolve this by using any of the methods
- Fix disabled iPad using iTunes.
- Restore to iCloud.
Pro Tip: You can also hard reset your iPad to fix this problem.
Through this article, you can easily enable the iPad without a computer. If you have any questions related to the above article, we will help you. We will surely cover it in the next article. Hit the like button, so I will get to know that you liked the article.