In updated versions of the iPhone, typing messages is replaced with voice-to-text which is much easier. Sometimes it results in ending with so many mistakes and talking to a text iPhone does not work. In this article, I will tell you how to fix iPhone dictation not working issues in detail.
When I face that kind of problem, I refresh and reset my settings and it starts working fine.
In this article, you will learn about fixing iPhone dictation. Also, the best way to enable voice typing. Below is the step-by-step guide to fixing iPhone dictation.
How can I fix the iPhone dictation not working?
Following are the steps to fix iPhone dictation.
Toggle Your Cellular Connection
Sometimes “Speech to text” is not working on iPhone due to no secure internet connection. If your dictation on your iPhone is not working or the device isn’t connected to the internet, your microphone will turn gray.
Make sure you have a stable internet connection. In settings, turn your cellular connection off. Also, restart your iPhone. After rebooting, turn back on your iPhone’s internet connection. This soft reboot may not only get Dictation working again but also fix connection issues.
Reset Network Settings to fix dictation not working issue on iPhone
If your mic color is still gray even after the restart, you could have other network problems.
- Open Settings>General> Reset> Reset Network Settings> and click on Confirm icon.
Check Your Dictation Settings
If your microphone button has still vanished, you’ve accidentally restricted dictation settings. To check your iPhone dictation settings, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings> Screen Time> Content & Privacy Restrictions> Allowed Apps> and make sure Siri & Dictation is turned on.
Refresh Siri & Dictation
If your microphone is working fine and you have a stable internet connection. Refreshing Siri can help you if your iPhone dictation is not working well:
- Open Settings> Siri & Search> .Turn it off and tap on “Listen for Hey Siri” and “Press Home/Side Button for Siri on your iPhone.
- Then disable Dictation from your iPhone.
- Also, force restarts your iPhone.
Update Your iPhone Device
When it no longer works, reboot your iPhone device. The source of your problem may be a defect. Even if it’s not, update your device. It will clean up your software and can correct other problems. To upgrade, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings> General> Software Update.
- Download and Install any available update from App Store.
Factory Restore Your Device
Updating the software will fix the problem. But, if your iPhone dictation still isn’t working, you may have to restore your iPhone.
Before this, take a backup and sync all your data to iCloud. Now, follow these steps to fix dictation:
- Open Settings> General> Reset it and Erase All Content and Settings on your iPhone.
- Now, wait until the set-up iPhone screen is viewed.
Using Google Or Keyboard/Gboard
- On your home screen, navigate the Apps icon Settings. Now, click on the “Language & input” or “Language & keyboard” option.
- Using your On-screen keyboard, click on Google Keyboard/Gboard.
- Click on “Preferences”.
- Click on the Voice input key switch. to turn it on or off.
Related Article; How to Fix iPhone no Sound in Apps Issue in 2022?
Frequently asked questions about iPhone dictation, not working issues.
What to do if voice-to-text is not working?
Make sure it’s enabled in your iPhone settings. Open Settings > General > Keyboard on your iPhone. Now, scroll to the bottom and click on the switch to enable Dictation.
Why is Siri not accepting my voice?
Go to your Settings and click on Siri & Search option. Now, turn it off. Hear “Hey Siri,”.Now, turn it back on. When the Set Up “Hey Siri” screen is viewed, click Continue.
What is the way to test dictation not working issue on iPhone?
To check the microphone, use the iPhone standard Voice Memos app.
In this article, you have learned how to fix iPhone dictation not working. Following are the simple steps
- Toggle your cellular connection and reset network settings.
- Check your dictation settings and refresh Siri & Dictation.
- Update your iPhone device and factory restore your device.
Pro Tip: Always use a stable internet connection during fixing the dictation method.
Also, how you can enable voice typing?If you want to know about the simple steps to fix your iphone dictation, read the above article. Also, if you are stuck at one point and don’t know what to do.
Do tell us in the comment section. We will give you the simplest solution, by writing it in the next article. Hit the like button so I will get to know that you loved the article.