MacBook Pro 2011 Graphics card Fix; in 2011 you must have seen the widely criticized graphics card failure in the MacBook Pro. If you bought a computer between February 2011 to December 2013 then you must have faced this issue. In the same way, if you are facing the malfunctioning of your computers like distorted videos, no video shows, and sudden system restart.
All the above-mentioned symptoms are the issues caused by the graphics card in MacBook Pro 2011. To give you a helping hand Apple has mitigated to give free repair to all users until 31st December 2016. Hence, just need to go to the Apple Store and all the repair procedures would be free.
If you are still using MacBook Pro 2011 and still facing this issue then you cannot get the free fixing availability now. You don’t need to worry as we have to explain a simple procedure through which you can get assistance regarding MacBook Pro 2011 graphics card fix.
Procedure To Get Macbook Pro 2011 Graphics Card Fix
If your system is continuously crashing or facing a distorted screen. In the same way, if the computer is continuously restarting without any reason or unexpected rebooting then these are the symptoms of a graphics card failure. If you cannot visit the Apple store for any reason then a guideline for MacBook Pro GPU failure fix is here:
1: Removing the Cover And Battery
- Unscrew the main cover by removing the 12 screws that are holding it.
- Then remove the battery by unscrewing it with a specialized screwdriver that can do it.
2: Removing Ribbons And Fans
- Remove the ribbons gently by pulling them out of the socket.
- After that, remove the fans by unscrewing the nuts.
3: Removing Screws
- Remove motherboard screws.
- Remove the screws that are holding the heat sink.
4: Clean GPU And Reflow
- With a clean towel, clean the GPU.
- Reflow the GPU with a cheap heat gun. You must do this from a safe distance and heat is eventually spread.
5: Apply Thermal Paste and Reassemble
- Equally, apply the thermal paste.
- Reinstall the other components including the heat sink.
- Turn on the PC and look if the issue is resolved.
FAQs About Macbook Pro 2011 Graphics Card Fix
How To Get Macbook Pro 2011 GPU Fix?
You can easily fix MacBook Pro 2010 GPU issues in the following ways:
- Restart the system.
- Reboot the device.
- Disable SIP.
How To Get Macbook Pro 2010 GPU Fix?
If you want to fix the Macbook Pro 2010 GPU fix then you need to follow a procedure. Shut down the device>press the power button>press and hold option+command+P+R keys for 20 seconds. Release the keys when the apple logo disappears for the 2nd time.
How I Can Get My Macbook Pro 2011 GPU Fix High Sierra?
If you want to know the procedure to get fix your MacBook Pro 2011 high sierra then follow this:
- Enter the recovery mode.
- Enter a single user name.
- Move to AMD drivers.
Related article; How to fix the MacBook Keyboard Light Not Working Issue?
In this article, you have learned about MacBook Pro 2011 graphic card fix issues. If you still face graphics card issues, then we are here to help you in this regard. We explain simple steps here:
Pro-Tips To Get Macbook Pro 2011 Graphics Card Fix
- Removing the cover and battery
- Remove ribbons and fans
- Then, removing screws
- Cleaning GPU and reflow
- Apply the thermal paste and reassemble.
In the end, we hope that the article proves to be beneficial for you to fix the graphics card issues even in 2022. kindly let us know about your experience in the comments section.