Plex is a media streaming service where you can stream media anywhere. Now plex Apple Tv is also available. You can get the plex on Apple TV. It is available on many devices, such as Apple TV, Android, iOS, and other OS devices.
Plex has almost 100 channels. It is a good streaming service, and you will get the local media and on Apple TV also. Here, you will get the complete details about the installation on Apple TV. It will also provide online media access.
Installation Process of Plex Apple TV App
You can install the Plex in just two types of Apple boxes, which are the following.
Install in Apple TV 4th Generation
If you want to install the Plex media services on Apple Tv 4th generation then the method is very simple. Because it is compatible with the Apple Tv OS, and you can directly download it from the App store.
Following are the important instructions that you can follow to install Plex on Apple TV.
- First, plug in your Apple Tv and connect with a strong internet connection.
- Go to the App Store
- Now search for the Plex in the search area and tap on the search
- From the result, click on Plex
- Now tap on the Get and install the Plex
- After the installation is complete open the Plex
- A code appears on the screen, make a note of this four-digit code
- From your phone or PC, Open the official website of the Plex media service
- Create a Plex account if you have already them sign in with the detail
- Now you need to enter the four-digit code in the required field and tap on the link
- Meanwhile, you receive a confirmation code on your linking Plex and TV
- Plex shoe the media service on linking account
- Finally, you will get the access to streaming Plex on Apple TV 4k and HD
Install Plex on Apple TV 3rd Generation
If you have a 3rd generation or below model then, you need to configure the host devices such as Apple TV, Mac, windows, pc, and network. In this way, you will get access to Plex. For this, you can follow the below steps and get the Plex on Apple 3rd generation and others.
- First, check your Apple TV is running on firmware version 7.x/6.x/5.3/ 5.2/ 5.1
- With the Plex server, you need to install the Python 2.7.x
- Now you need to create an IP address for Apple TV and Plex
Step 1: Configuration Apple TV DNS
You need to follow the following Steps
- From your, Apple Tv Click on the settings
- Go to the general tap on the Network
- Now choose Wifi or ethernet
- You need to make a note for the DNS server
- Choose the option of Configure DNS
- Make sure that the DNS settings are Manual, not automatic
- Now change the DNS IP address into the local IP Address where the Plex App is running
- At last, click on the Done option
There are two sections in this process that you need to follow:
Section (a) Install Plex Media Service Connect on the server or Mac PC
If you are using the MAC Pc follow the steps if not then you need to skip the section b
- From GitHub, you need to install the Unzip PlexConnect Archive
- Move to the Zip file and directory, where you run the Plex Connect
- Using TextEdit unzip the file and open the settings.py
- Change the 188.8.131.52 with the DNS server
- Open the terminal and you need to change the directory to Plex Connect Folder
- Now enter the sudo ./PlexConnect.py and tap on the Return option
- You need to give the Mac password and tap on the return button
- Finally, you get it now, open any movie and stream it on the Plexconnect interface.
Section (b) Install PlexConnect on Windows PC
Under are the steps which you want to follow
- First, you need to install Python 2.7.x on a Windows PC
- Now get the very latest version of PlexConnect
- With the help of the text editor unzip and open the settings. spy
- You need to change the four-digit code with the DNS server
- Now double tap on the PlexConnect.py and open it on the Windows PC
- Finally, you will get it and watch any content on Apple TV
In the end, you can watch Plex on Apple TV with high quality. The Plex is free if you want to watch it on Apple TV. Hope this article will help you and you will be able to use Plex on your Apple Tv and enjoy it.