If you have bought a new iPhone or a used one then you have to set up cellular Services. The first step in the iPhsetupt-up is to activate it. Without activation, you can not use it. Now if you are using an iPhone for the first time the question arises how to activate the iPhone?
You can activate your iPhone in just a few minutes, the only thing you must need is an activated sim card. The card must be activated for cellular carrier service plans.
The iPhone setup wizard has provided an easy and direct method to activate your new or used iPhone. Still, if you find any difficulty in activating your iPhone then you can easily troubleshoot by following some basic steps mentioned in this article to know how to activate the iPhone.
How to activate the iPhone
After getting an iPhone in your hand the thing that can panic you is how to activate the iPhone. It is very easy and simple, the first thing you need is a sim card. You got a pre-installed sim card for your iPhone, especially when you have bought it from a wireless iPhone provider or the Apple store. If you do not already have a sim card then you need to insert it by yourself.
- For insertion of sim card first Turn off your iPhone if it is not and wait until it completely turns off. Then take the ejection pin provided with the iPhone and insert it carefully into the hole present on the side of the iPhone and gradually press it until the sim tray pops out. According to the directions made in the tray, insert your sim card and carefully insert the tray back into its position into the iPhone. It is noticeable that if a mobile phone is locked to AT and T then a T mobile sim card will not work on this Mobile. So you must use a sim card that is activated by the cellular carrier.
- After inserting the sim card, you have to Start your iPhone. To turn off your iPhone press the power button and hold it until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
- The setup process will start automatically and you will see instructions on the screen, to know how to activate the iPhone you have to follow the given instructions on the screen.
- The iPhone will ask you to choose your Wifi network, select your network from the available networks and enter your password to connect to it. You can use your cellular data by tapping on the “Use cellular connection” option given at the bottom of the screen.
- Then to activate the iPhone you have to enter your Apple ID. This is called the activation locked feature of the iPhone. This feature is provided to increase the security of the phone from any theft. After entering your ID, the iPhone takes a few minutes to activate.
- After activation of the phone, you have to choose different options from the iPhone setup wizard to set up your iPhone. You can choose the setup of the iPhone as a new device, this is the quickest method to set up your iPhone but in that case, your iPhone will be empty without any data or installed apps. If you have an iCloud backup of your last phone then you can restore all your data on your new iPhone.
If your iPhone is not activating then you can follow the given steps to troubleshoot the problem:
- If your sim card is not showing on your iPhone, firstly ensure that it is compatible with your plan of the service provider. Then reinsert the sim card in your iPhone.
- Your internet connection may cause problems when using wifi instead of cellular data.
- Turn off your iPhone and restart the process again.
- Go to the Apple system website and ensure that iOS device activation is not offline. If it is offline then you will not see any green dot beside the option. In that case, try again after a few minutes.
If the above-mentioned tips have not resolved your issue then contact an Apple supporter for help regarding how to activate the iPhone. You can visit our website to know more about iPhone uses and problems.