While creating the final version of a Google document a user needs to add a signature in it. Some people want to know how to add a signature in Google docs to make the document more official. Sometimes for legal reasons or to personalize some document it is required to add a signature. Most of the business community like to use Google documents for their business purpose as it is easy and convenient.
The process of adding a signature in a Google document might be easier than the process of adding a signature in an online document. Different methods are available in the market to add a signature in Google documents. All of them are easy as compared to one another because inserting a signature at the last part of a document is a quick thing.
Different third-party apps can also be used to add a signature in Google docs. A third-party app known as DocuSign will let you know how to add a signature in Google docs electronically. Signable and SignRequest are two apps that are much cheaper than DocuSign but perform all the functions of DocuSign.
Adding a Signature
Google docs provide many features to its users so that the user feels comfortable and happy while using Google Docs. There is a built-in feature through which a person can add a signature in Google docs. But to add a signature in the Google document electronically process would be critical. The steps that are involved to insert a signature in Google docs are given below:
- First, sign in to your Google account and then select Google docs to open it. A list of Google documents will appear on the main screen select the desired Google document in which you want to insert a signature. Put the cursor at the desired place where you want to add your signature.
- At the upper part of the screen, a person may see a ribbon menu. Select the ‘Insert’ option which will be present in the ribbon menu. Select the ‘Drawing’ option from the upcoming options and then move towards the ‘New’ option. A drawing window will appear on the main screen, select the ‘Line’ option and then the ‘Scribble’ option from the given options.
- Then draw your signature on the main screen where the drawing area is presently using the stylus or mouse. You can remove or retry your signature until you are satisfied. Once you have done writing your signature select the ‘Save and Close’ option present on the main screen.
The signature will be visible on the document where the cursor is placed or the user wants to insert.
Editing a Signature
After creating a signature if a person wants to change it then the process is easy and quick. A person can easily edit the save signature in a few steps. If a person wants to edit the save signature then it is important to select the previously saved signature and then click on the option ‘Edit’ present below it.
If you want to access the other advanced editing tools present in the Google document then click three vertical dots. The three vertical dots present in the editing menu will let you avail different parameters of editing tools.
- If you want to edit the size or the height of a signature then select the option of ‘Size and Rotation’.
- If you want to wrap your text around the desired signature or leave it as it is present then the option which will help you in this regard is ‘Text Wrapping’.
- ‘Position’ option will help you to move your text or signature to a desired specific place. You can also drag your signature to the desired place and drop it there for simple positioning.
A person can easily remove a signature through the same process as used to remove all the other elements present in the Google docs.
If you don’t know how to add a signature in Google docs then it can be a great trouble if you don’t know the right steps and the right sequence. The process is very complicated for unknown people and very easy if you know the process.
A different format has different steps to perform and different features to avail hence it would be hectic while learning them all at one time. There are different ways of adding signatures in word or PDF files. The above-mentioned steps will help you to learn how to add a signature in Google docs using simple ways.