In today’s world, tv has become a need of almost every person. People watch tv to get rid of their boredom. Children watch tv to see cartoons and young people watch tv to see dramas and movies. There are a lot of TV companies that are still working to make their computers that contain amazing features so that they can grab others’ attention.
Besides all the TVs, Samsung TV is playing a great role in providing a source of entertainment to others. Samsung tv works just like a computer. It provides its users an interface to watch youtube, browse the web and catch up on social media.
This feature of Samsung tv increases its demand among users. We also have the facility to install our favorite video streaming services like Hulu, prime video or NetFlix, etc.
Moreover, we can also update our Samsung tv and can use new updated advanced features. We can also install different apps on our Samsung tv and can use them the same as we use on our phones. In this article, we will discuss how a person can add apps to the home screen of a Samsung tv.
Adding apps to the home screen
When a person wants to add an app to a Samsung tv then first of all we have to install that app on our tv. Here are the steps that a person can follow to add the app on Samsung tv:
- Move to the home page of a TV and press the smart hub button of the remote. Now we have to select the apps from the menu bar. Now we are on the ‘My apps’ screen.
- Here a list will appear of all the apps that we have downloaded before. We have to browse the app that we want to install and select the app’s icon.
- Here we will see three options that are ‘Install, download or add to home’. We can select the option that we want to. After selecting the option ‘Add to home’ our selected app will add to the home screen.
Use a USB to add an app to the home screen
We can also use a USB to add an app to the home screen of Samsung tv by following the given steps:
- First of all, we have to save and move the APK app to our USB. Then connect the USB with the Samsung tv and move it to the files and folder. Tap on the app file.
- Tap to install the app and then allow the confirmation message. Now we have to follow the instructions appearing on the screen to add the app to the home screen Samsung app.
Setting tv for installation of apps
Before adding an app on the home screen we must have to set the tv for the installation process. For this we have to follow the given methods:
- Allow installation from an unknown source: First of all, we have to allow the installation from an unknown source on Samsung tv to add apps on the home screen. For this, a person has to move to the settings of tv and move to the personal tab. Then tap on the security option and enable the ‘Installation from unknown source’ toggle.
Samsung tv has a lot of amazing features that grab users’ eyes. We can have access to our favorite streaming services on Samsung tv. We can also install apps on TV and use them easily. Not only can you install apps but also add these apps on the home screen of Samsung tv. In the above article, we have discussed some ways that a person can follow to add apps to the home screen of a Samsung tv.