There are a lot of reasons why a user wants to block a channel on YouTube. If a YouTube channel is commenting, abusive comments, or comments which are not liked by the owner of the post.
Another case in which a user wants to block a YouTube channel is when he or she doesn’t want to watch videos of a particular channel so he or she decides to block that particular channel.
In the above-mentioned cases, two different methods will be used to block a YouTube channel.
How to block the YouTube channel so you don’t see that channel’s videos on your feed.
YouTube has a feature due to which it recommends videos to its users. Every user has a recommendation feed where different videos are shown according to the taste of the user. If a user does not want to see some channel’s videos in its recommendations, then he or she can block that channel to avoid its videos.
If you block a YouTube channel by using this particular method then you will not see that channel’s video on any other device where you log in to your YouTube account. One more thing to remember is that after blocking a channel you are not able to unblock that particular channel only. You have to unblock all the blocked channels.
You can follow the given steps to know how to block YouTube channels by using a Mac, Linux, or Windows computer:
- Go to the browser of your computer and then browse the Website of YouTube. On YouTube Search for a video of the channel which you want to block. Then open that video.
- Beside the title of the video, you will find three horizontal dots. If you want to open the menu click on those dots. A new menu will open which contains many options. From the given options click on the “don’t recommend channel”.
After that you will not see any video of that channel as YouTube will not recommend it.
You can block a YouTube channel from your iPhone, Android by using the YouTube app. Follow the given steps to block a channel:
- Go to the YouTube app on your mobile phone and the recommended section of YouTube will open. Scroll down and find any video of the channel you want to block.
- Open the video and hit three horizontal dots present on the right side of the video title. A new menu will appear. Tap on the “don’t recommend channel” option from the menu and that channel will block from your mobile phone.
How to block YouTube channel to block the comments of it
If a channel is abusing comments on your video then you can block it so he or she can’t comment. When a channel is blocked in this way then you can unblock it anytime easily and you don’t have to unblock all other channels.
If you want to block a channel from a website of your computer then follow the given steps:
- Go to the browser of your computer and open the website of YouTube. On YouTube, search the channel you want to block by typing its name in the search box which is present at the top of the screen, and then press the enter button. From the search options select the desired channel and go to that channel’s page.
- On the page of that channel go to the about tab. On the about tab you will find a flag sign on the right side. A new menu will open by clicking on it. From the menu of the flag icon select the “Block user” option. A pop-up will appear to confirm then click on submit. Then that channel will not be able to comment on your videos.
To block a channel from your mobile phone follows the given steps:
- Go to your YouTube app and type the name of the channel you want to block in the search box present at the top of the screen. From the results of the search, find the channel and go to its screen.
- On the most right side of the channel name, three horizontal dots are present. Hit those three dots. A new menu will open. Select an option that says “block user” which would be present in the menu. A prompt will open to inform you then select the block option.
After that channel will be blocked and it can not comment on your videos.
Hopefully, after reading this article you will be able to block channels in two ways on your computer or mobile phone. Visit our website to know more about YouTube and other digital content.