Whatsapp provided a large platform for its audience to work as well as converse with their loved ones easily. The business has paved another way to social media which markets the business at an exponential rate. Wherever there are good people there are always bad people also out there.
For Business as well as personal needs a person needs to share his contact with other people. Sometimes the contact that is shared for a good reason might become the cause of unwanted messages and annoying calls. WhatsApp has coped up with this issue in a way that a person can block the known as well as unknown people on WhatsApp within a few steps.
Blocking Known Contacts
We can block any person on WhatsApp using iPhone or Android devices by following the given steps:
- Select the WhatsApp icon present on the mobile and open the application.
- From the menu options just move towards the Settings of the WhatsApp
- First, select the ‘Accounts’ option then select the ‘Privacy’ and scroll down for more options.
- Select the ‘Blocked’ option and watch the previously blocked contacts present there.
- To add a new contact select the option of ‘Add New’ to add the new number to block it.
- Select the wanted contact which you want to Block.
Hence the number will be added to the block list from now onward.
- Open WhatsApp and move towards the 3 dots option.
- Select the ‘Settings’ and move towards ‘Account’.
- Select the ‘Privacy’ option and then directly accept the option of ‘Blocked Contacts’
- Select the ‘Add’ option and search the contact which you want to block.
After selecting the option, the number will be ultimately added to the blocked list immediately.
Blocking Unknown Contacts
Sometimes it becomes compulsory to block the unknown contacts who started annoying and sending unwanted messages.
The steps that involve blocking Unknown Contacts on iPhone and Android devices are as follows:
- If the number is annoying for the first time then open the chat of that unknown number and select the block option to block the number.
- If the number has a track record of sending unwanted messages even in the past then select the phone number and avail the option of “Block Contact”. If the problem is serious then select the “Block and Report” option this will report the number as spam.
- Open the chat option of the unknown number you want to block. First, select the ‘Block’ option if the number is disturbing but not creating a fuss. But if the Contact is crossing the limits then select the ‘Block and Report’ option.
Unblocking the Contact
If a person has changed his mind about a person who he has blocked on WhatsApp then by following the steps a person can unblock our desired person from the block list:
- Open the WhatsApp and from the menu options Select ‘Settings’
- First, select the ‘Account’ option and then select ‘Privacy’.
- By scrolling down a person can see the option of ‘Block’
- Just by swiping the Contacts to the left side, a number can be restored from the block list.
- Select the WhatsApp application and tap on the 3 dots option for further options.
- First select ‘Settings’ then move towards ‘Account’. After accounts select the ‘Privacy’ and move towards the ‘Blocked contact’ option
- Select the Contact you want to unblock and now tap on the option of ‘Unblock’.
Hence in this way a person can now send and receive messages from the Contact. Calls and status updates would also be shown to that contact.
We work to enhance the knowledge and interest of our audience in the article reading. Follow our website to find more informative articles from our list.