Emails are useful for the business community as well as for the students but it has a drawback with it. There are a large number of spam and potential phishing emails that can be very dangerous for our data. Such dangerous emails are sent to different persons every day to do online theft.
By considering such drawbacks Google creates a specific folder for such emails. But the hackers are much more intelligent than the Google community thinks they are. They use such words in the email that make the system classify them as a promotional email rather than spam email.
The best solution to get rid of spam and potential phishing emails is that a person keeps on deleting them once the emails are received in the inbox.
In some cases, the company keeps on sending spam emails regularly so it becomes very hectic work to delete the spam emails again and again. In such cases, a person needs to know how to block emails on Gmail to get rid of such spam emails.
The people who are annoyed by spam emails but don’t know how to block emails on Gmail. Such people can learn how to block emails on Gmail by reading the given article.
How to block emails on Gmail using a Mobile device
If you want to learn how to block emails on Gmail using a mobile device then the steps are given below:
- Open the Gmail icon present in the mobile device and then tap on the specific spam email sent by a suspicious person. The three dots which are the ‘Menu’ button at the upper right side of the screen tap on them to report this email. A popup menu will appear on the screen with different options, select the ‘Report Spam’ option from the given options.
- If you want to block the sender then tap on the three dots that are present on the right side of the sender’s name and address. A popup menu will appear on the screen with different options.
- Select the option of ‘Block’ with the sender name. Now all the emails coming from this specific sender will directly move towards the spam folder until a person intentionally unblocks them.
Along with blocking, it is encouraged that a person reports the spam and potential phishing emails. By doing this Google will get to know that the audience is getting annoyed by a specific email address and the owner of such an email address would be investigated and properly check his/her activities.
How to block emails on Gmail using a Personal Computer
The steps that are involved in how to block emails on Gmail are listed below:
- Open Gmail in your web browser and click on the desired standard email to open it. There are three dots at the right side of the sender name, click on these dots to open the ‘More options.
- A menu will appear on the screen with the different options. If you want to report spam or potential phishing then just click on the ‘Report Spam or ‘Report Phishing’ option. If you have decided to directly block the sender then click on the ‘Block’ option with the sender name.
- Click ‘Ok’ to confirm the action of blocking in this way all the future emails from the specific sender will directly move towards the spam folder and will not be received in the inbox until you unblock that person.
Blocking the emails coming from a specific person would be worthwhile if we want to block the communication with that person completely.
After blocking the person we won’t be able to get an email from that person neither spam emails nor communicative emails.
This article will provide you information regarding how to block emails on Gmail using a personal computer or a mobile device. If you feel any question in your mind then you can freely ask in the comment box. keep supporting us on our website.