The mouse cursor is a crucial part of the interface design of computers. Most people change their mouse cursor to enhance its visibility or they just want to change it according to their preferences. Sometimes you are so habitual of your old mouse cursor that even after buying a new tablet or any other touchscreen device you want to change its cursor to the old one you were using on your old desktop. It is not necessary to use a cursor that is present by default on your system. You can change the color shape and size of your mouse cursor easily.
Can you customize your mouse cursor?
Yes, you can customize the mouse cursor of your computer in many ways. You can customize the mouse cursor to appear more visible, you can change scrolling speed, the mouse cursor working, and its look also.
How do I change my default mouse pointer in Windows 10?
Microsoft enables its users to customize anything present on the Operating system of their devices including the mouse cursor appearance. The easiest way to change the mouse cursor which is present by default is by changing the mouse setting from your computer.
Another way you can use it is by browsing different available cursor schemes and selecting them according to your choice. Following the given steps to change mouse settings on your computer :
- Click on the start button and select the search bar then type mouse settings in the searching bar. Wait until the results show on the screen.
- A primary mouse properties window will open, it will contain general mouse settings Option. It will contain different tabs including the button tab, wheel tab, pointer options tab, pointer, and hardware tab. Click on the pointer tab.
- On the pointer tab, you will find the customize section, this will contain different cursor names along with their pictures. Select the one you want to be your mouse cursor.
- After selecting the cursor click on the browse button and a list of cursors installed on your system will appear, click on the cursor you want to use and hit the open button present at the bottom right side of the screen. This cursor will appear in the customize section. Select the apply button and then click on OK to save the changes.
Follow the given steps to browse the cursor scheme, select and apply it :
- Click on the start button and select the search bar then type change mouse settings in the searching bar. Wait until the results show on the screen. Then click on Additional mouse options present in the right column.
- A primary mouse properties window will open, it will contain general mouse settings Option. It will contain different tabs including the button tab, wheel tab, pointer options tab, pointer, and hardware tab. Click on the pointer tab. The first option on the pointer tab is a scheme, click on it so a drop-down menu appears. A Lot of cursor schemes will appear. These schemes can change the by default arrow cursor and other tools related to it. Select scheme and preview it you can select one by one and then decide which one is good for you.
How to get my cursor back to normal?
You can easily get your cursor back. Go to the pointers tab as is described in the above procedures and at the bottom of the screen you will find an option of “Allow to change mouse pointer”, uncheck this option.
You can customize your desktop mouse cursor easily. You can change its color, size, and shape according to your choice. Simply you can change mouse settings and you will get their cursors option or you can browse them and select according to your preferences.