Netflix is a streaming service used around the world by many people. People use Netflix to watch a variety of movies, shows, or other video content in different languages by using their Netflix account. You need to pay a small amount on a monthly basis to enjoy the streaming service of Netflix.
Netflix provides different language settings as it provides movies, shows, and other content in many languages. In its initial time, it offered only three language options to its customers, Spanish, Portuguese, and English. But now it has made many advanced additions and now you can get almost 20 different language options on Netflix.
There is a chance you open your Netflix account and the content you find on your screen is in another language. You would not be able to understand if the language is not your native.
Maybe this is because you have given someone your account and they have changed it. There is also a chance that it is the default language of Netflix. Whatever the reason is, you can resolve it easily as you can change the language on Netflix.
Steps to change the language on Netflix
You can easily change the language on Netflix by using simple steps going to settings and then Changing the language of your profile. But the thing you must have to remember is that you can’t change the language on Netflix by using the Netflix app.
If you are using Netflix on your mobile phone or tablet then you will find a language option on the app. You must go to the Netflix website and sign into it.
Follow the given steps to change the language on Netflix through the Netflix website:
- Open Netflix website “Netflix.com” and at the top right corner of the screen select your profile icon. A new menu will appear, from the menu select the “Manage Profiles” option.
- From the given list of Netflix, profiles choose the user profile of which language you want to change. On the new user profile, tap or click on the option below language, a menu will drop containing a lot of language options.
- Select the desired language from the drop-down menu. Then click on the save option and then click on the Done option.
Steps to change the language or add subtitles to a video
Netflix contains a variety of content in different languages. Maybe you find a movie or show which looks interesting and you want to watch it but it is in another language.
But don’t need to worry, you still can watch it if the video is available in another language that you understand or subtitles are available in your desired language.
But there is no guarantee that you find a subtitles option or other language option on every video as both options depend upon the producer of the video or the creator of the video.
Follow the given steps to add subtitles or to change the language on Netflix of a video:
- Open the video you want to watch and click or tap on a dialogue box icon. A menu will appear.
- From the menu select the desired language under the Audio option or select the language under the subtitles option. Then again click on the icon to disappear from the menu and start your video.
You can change your default Netflix language or you can change the language on Netflix of a specific video by following the above-mentioned steps. You can also find content in a specific language on Netflix.