Gmail is one of the Google services which provides you to send and receive emails free of cost. It is considered the best email service provider and about one billion people are using their Gmail account on a daily basis. Your Google account is used on Gmail.
If you want You can sign in from any device into your account by using your email and password. A Gmail account can be used for personal purposes or business. Gmail accounts can be used with hangouts, Google tasks, Calendar, and Google keeps, in this case, your Gmail will be a part of the G Suite account.
If you lose your login details or your account is hacked by someone then it could cause problems with your personal information or with your business. You can change your Gmail password easily if you want.
There are a lot of reasons due to which a user wants to change their Gmail password. Maybe the account password is leaked that becomes a risk to your private emails or maybe he has forgotten the password. Whatever the reason is, you can easily reset your Gmail Password.
Selection of password
A person should select his or her password carefully. It should be secure enough that you will feel safe about your data. It is the initial step a person can do to protect his or her account and all the data. Make sure that the password you are using on Gmail should not be used on any other app. To ensure security you should update your password after some time.
Change Gmail password on a computer
Follow the given steps to change Gmail password by using a computer:
- Go to the internet browser of your computer and then log in to your Google account. A side menu is present on the left side of the screen. Click on the “Security” option from it.
- From the tab of “Signing into Google” select the “password” option. At that time you may need to sign in again into your Google account. Type a new password and click on the “change password” option.
- At that stage, you can add a recovery email or phone number to improve your security considerations by clicking on the “ways that we can verify it’s you” option on the Security tab. So in case of detection of any unusual activity, Google will contact you on that email or phone.
After the successful changing of password, your Gmail account will be automatically signed out from every device but not from the device you are using to verify by signing in, home devices, and third-party devices you have allowed access to.
Change Gmail password on Android device
Follow the given steps to change Gmail password by using an android device:
- Go to “settings” of your android and from the list select Google and then go to “Manage your Google account”. You can overview your Google account from there, scroll down to find security options. From the security options select “Signing in to Google”.
- At that time maybe you have to sign in again then change the password according to the provided instructions
You can also change your Gmail Password by using an ios device such as an iPhone. You have to go to the Gmail app and select the profile icon or picture of your Gmail. Tap on manage your Google account and go to Personal info. Then type your new password and select the option of changing the password.
Thank you for reading the whole article. If you find this article informative then do visit our website.