When a person clicks his photos then he wants them to be perfect and wonderful. To have delightful types of pictures he must run towards the apps that are providing facilities to edit photos. Such an editing app contains a lot of features that help a person have a lot of amazing changes in the picture. These apps contain features like editing pics, changing background, adding music, or adding effects.
In this article, we will learn how to change the background of a photo in photoshop. We can add any type of background in our picture like a cloudy sky, fire, rain, etc. Changing the background of a pic is actually a very easy method that any person can do. We can change the background of the phone by using the app ‘Adobe’. It is the most popular and amazing app. It is not only used to change the background of the photo but also used for other features.
Changing the background of a photo in photoshop
The best way of changing the background of a photo is to create a selection that will separate the foreground and background. We can do the same task by following different methods. For instance, we can change the background of the photo by the ‘Quick Selection’ tool or by pen tool. In this article, we will come to know the steps to change the background of a photo by using the ‘Quick Selection tool.
Here are the steps a person can follow to change the background of the picture in photoshop:
- Step 1: The first step is to select the foreground object. A person has to select the Quick Selection tool from the toolbar and then Move the brush inside the area that we want to change. The areas selected by it will appear in high contrast.
- Step 2: The next step is to fine-tune the selection. A person has to zoom in on the image and make your brush small in size. Now to select the area, drag the brush on the selected area.
- Step 3: In this step, we have to tap on the option ‘Select and Mask’.This will change the selected area into the mask. Click on the ‘View more’ option from the properties panel.
- Step 4: After following the above steps, refining or selecting will begin. Here a lot of tools will appear that helps us in our task like:
- Quick selection tool.
- Refine edge brush tool.
- Lasso tool.
We can check the edges by zooming in on the picture. We can smooth the edges by using a brush tool. Now to touch up the hair, move to ‘Refine edge’. We also have the facility to increase the radius. On the outer edge of the hair, we can use a soft, refined edge brush.
- Step 5: Now step of adjusting the setting is required. From here we can implement the following options :
- Shift edge
- Step 6: We can also remove the color fringing. After saving all the changes, tap on ‘Decontaminate Colors’ to remove the color fringes that are left in our selection. Choose ‘ New layer with layer mask’ from the output. Tap on ‘Next’. Now we have removed the background.
- Step 7: This is time to paste the new background. We can use the Hand tool to position the layer and can also resize it.
- Step 8: Now we have to match the colors. We have to select the foreground layer. We must remember that we have to select the layer, not the mask. Now go to the image then adjust and then match the color. Select the image by moving to ‘Source’ from the new appearing window. After this, we can remove the color cast from the selected layer by the ‘Nutralize’ box.
This is how we can change the background of the photo in photoshop. We hope that this article will help. Please follow our websites for more articles.