Google doc is a feature introduced by Google. It allows its users to write a document on any topic. It contains a lot of features that a user can use to make his document more attractive and eye-catching. We can underline and bold headings and can change the font color or font size of words in Google Docs.
This feature contains a lot more updates. Students use Google docs to write their assignments and businessmen also use this to write their presentations. Hence, in short, Google dost is playing a vital role in one’s life.
Sometimes users confuse margins with indents. So we must know the difference between margin and indent. Indent means how far the first line of a paragraph is offset from the margin. Moreover, there is only one margin in the document whereas the document contains different indents.
If a person doesn’t know how to change the margin on google docs then we are here for guidance. There are basically two methods a person can follow to know how to change margins on google docs:
- By using a ruler.
- By typing margin in the page setup dialogue box.
Changing margins using a ruler
In this article, we will learn how to change margins in Google docs. Basically, the space around the document that is not used by the user is said to be margins. It can be the space at the top, bottom, or on both sides of the document. The margin area does not consist of any text or image. In short, it is unused space.
The main purpose of the margin is to prevent the text from colliding from the edges of the document. This is because any text close to the edge causes the document to look ugly therefore margins are used to make the document symmetric.
If a person doesn’t know how to change margins on google docs by using a ruler then the below steps will surely help him to learn how to change margins on google docs:
- We have to make the ruler visible by tapping on ‘View’ and then ‘Show ruler’. To change the left margin, we have to position the margin on any area that is colored grey, then we will see that the pointer will convert into a two-direction arrow.
- To make a large margin move the grey zone to right or to make the margin small move it to left. The first-line indent and left indent are described by a small blue rectangle and downward pointing triangle respectively.
- If a person also wants to change the top, bottom, or right margin then he has to follow the same steps given above. On the left of the screen, the vertical ruler will help us to change the top and bottom margin.
Changing margins using page setup
If a person doesn’t know how to change margins on google docs by using page setup then the below steps will surely help him to learn how to change margins on google docs:
- Tap on ‘Page setup’ by clicking on ‘File’.We have the facility to enter the margins that we want in the page setup dialogue box. Then click on ‘Ok’ to save the change you have made in the document.
Above are some ways a person can follow to know about how to change margins on google docs. We hope this article will help you. Please follow our websites for more informative articles.