Living in this era of hard and fast technology, one must keep a check on his private accounts. Where there are human beings there is theft, so it becomes important to protect the passcodes to protect data.
Social media accounts are those which are connected to all the personal apps having our personal information. Apps like Facebook have access to our contact list, gallery, and inbox, etc. It becomes part and parcel to secure such an app.
Changing Password by using Mac or PC
The process of changing the password is an easy task but one must know the process first.
- A small arrow pointing downwards in the top right corner of Facebook has an ‘Account’ icon, click on it.
- To move towards the general settings, one must need to select ‘Setting and Privacy’. After selecting the setting and privacy, ‘settings’ are needed to be selected to get into settings.
- In the left sidebar, there lies ‘security and login’ just clicking on it. Then below the login, there is an option of ‘change password’. By clicking the change password option, one gets further options.
- One must type the old password which wanted to change in the ‘current’’ box, then type a new password in the ‘New’ box. At last, type the same new password in the ‘Retype Again’ box.
- By clicking the ‘Save Changes’ one can save the new password and can use this password from now on for the current account.
Changing Password by using Android or iOS
- On the top right side of the toolbar, here lies the ‘main menu’ icon one just needs to tap on it. By scrolling down in the main menu, tap on ‘Setting and Privacy’.
- Then tap on ‘Settings’ to move towards the general settings.
- Tap on ‘security and login’ this will open up new options. There one must select ‘Change Password’ which will be present under ‘login’.
- Enter the password one wants to change in the ‘Current Password’ box and type the new password in the ‘New Password’ box. Then, Again type the new password in the ‘Retype New Password’ box.
- By tapping on ‘Update Password’ one can save the new password and can use it in future logins.
Forgot the Current Password
If one has forgotten the current password of Facebook and the device is not auto-filling it. Only the option which is present is resetting the password.
- If a person is using a Mac or PC then click on ‘Forgotten Your Password?’ but if a person is using Android or iOS then click on ‘Forgotten Password?’.
- A person would asked about an email address that was attached to the Facebook Account to send a code on that email ID. Click ‘Continue/Next’ after entering the email ID.
After a few seconds, a code received on that ID. Then, retrieve the code without closing the Facebook and enter it. Click ‘Continue/Next’, this will enter the person in the Facebook Account. A person can finalize the new password for further use by using the process described before.
Follow us on social media accounts to get personal notification about our new content.