A gaming site that allows people to buy different online games is known as ‘Stream’. It helps users to find a perfect online game for them. They cannot only buy a game but can also store them for future use. This site was introduced in 2003. The most amazing thing about this site is that the usernames that appear cool when we were young do not remain cool and are of the same ring when we get older.
The first thing that is very important in using sites like steam where we play games since we were young, is usernames. Basically, usernames express the user’s personality and perspective. That’s why a lot of people want to change their username on a steam account. Before changing the username we must have understood that there is a lot of difference between a username and an account name.
If you talk about the steam account name then we will come to know that our steam account name consists of numbers that we can’t change and the name that shows to our friends and other gamers is steam profile name and this can be changed. A lot of people are still unaware of how to change the steam username. In this article, we will discuss how to change the steam username.
Changing steam account name
If we try to change our steam account name then we are unable to perform this action as we don’t have the facility to change the steam account name because it consists of a string of numbers and it is described in steams T&Cs that we cannot change the US steam account name.
Changing profile name
If you want to change the steam profile name then it is possible as it is a name due to which we are identified by gamers and our friends that appears at the top of the page. That’s why we have the facility to change our stream profile name. A person has to follow the given steps to change steam profile name:
- First of all, we have to sign in to a streaming account and then tap on the username that appears at the top of the screen. After this, we have to tap on the option ‘View profile’ from the menu.
- From the right side, tap ‘Edit profile’. Then to change the profile name, we have to retype the previous username. To save the new username, tap on the option ‘Save changes.
As We know, a streaming account is very important for a user so he must take care of his account as his account can be hacked by anyone at any time. So he must have to perform some steps to protect his steam account from unauthorized access:
- The first thing that we have to do to protect accounts is to enable two-factor authentication. By enabling this option we will get a message when someone tries to log into our account.
- The next protection tip that we have to follow is a powerful password. We must have a strong password that must contain different symbols and numeric values.
How do I hide my steam account name?
If a person wants to hide the name of a steam account then the given steps must be followed:
- First of all, we have to tap on the option edit profile from our steam profile and then tap on ‘My privacy settings. Here we can select our privacy state.
Which games are free on steam?
There are a lot of games that we can found on steam for free. Some of them are mentioned below:
- World of tanks
- War thunder
- World of warships
Stream is a site that helps users to purchase different types of online games that they can play as well as can save in their account for use in the future. But a lot of people complain that they don’t know how to change the steam username. The above article is all about how to change the steam username.