Normally you don’t need to change the time of your iPhone as it is designed in such a way that the time and date get updated automatically. Your cellular service provider and GPS off your iPhone give all the information regarding time and date to your iPhone.
That’s why the time end date displayed on the iPhone is authentic depending upon the local time zone of the user regardless of daylight saving time. If your iPhone displayed the wrong time then there is a chance that the settings of your iPhone are not accurate.
Then you have to change time settings so the answer of how to change time on an iPhone is simple and easy. For the working of automatic time and date updates, you have to correct all the settings of your iPhone besides it you can change the time or the date manually.
How to adjust your iPhone settings so time changes automatically
If your iPhone is set to show dates and time automatically and you find it is incorrect then you have to ensure some settings of your iPhone is turned on as it is explained in following steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and scroll down until you find the option of “Privacy“. On the privacy tab select the option of “Location Services”.
- Ensure that Location Services of your iPhone is turned on, if not tap on the toggle present adjacent to Location Services.
- Scroll down until you find the option of “System Services”, tap on this option, and the System Services page will open containing many options. Ensure that “Setting Time Zone” is turned on, if not then tap on toggle present beside the option.
- Go back to the main settings page by tapping three times on the back option present at the top left corner of your iPhone screen. On the settings page select the option of “General” and then on the general page tap on “Date & Time”.
- Ensure that On the Date & Time page Toggle of Set Automatically is turned on. If it is not, tap on the toggle to turn it on. Also, ensure that The time zone displaying on the screen is correct. Otherwise, select your respective Local time zone.
How do manually change the time on my iPhone?
Instead of changing the settings to correct automatic time updating you have another alternative to do it manually by yourself. To know how to change time on an iPhone open the Settings app and go to the General page then select the “Date & Time” option. Now turn off the “Set Automatically” option by tapping on the toggle present adjacent to the option.
Ensure that the time zone displaying on the screen is correct otherwise tap on it and select the correct one. Now you will be able to change the date and time manually by tapping on Date and time. After setting your date and time manually whenever you change your timezone you have to change the date and time also or in case your region changes to daylight saving time.
Why can’t I change the time on my iPhone?
If you are unable to change the time of your iPhone then firstly ensure that you are using the latest version of iOS on your iPhone. To know the current version of your iPhone open settings and go to the General page then tap on software update and you will be able to see the current version of your iPhone.
Why can’t I turn offset time automatically?
If you have set your iPhone screen time to be displayed with a passcode then this will restrict you to turn off the automatic date and time settings. The passcode is mostly set for the kids and after that, they are not able to change the time manually.
Your iPhone is designed to run date and time settings manually and you don’t need to update it after turning on or changing the sim cards but if your iPhone shows an inaccurate date and time then you can adjust the automatic settings or turn off automatic settings and change your time and date manually.