If a person has started using Facebook from the time it was in its fresh launch or your profile is as fresh as last week. In both these situations, you might feel embarrassed about some of the decision options you take during the profile setting.
It may be possible that people normally call you or know you by your nickname but the Facebook name is complete. This creates a hindrance in getting in touch with the people we know. Whatever the reason behind changing the name on Facebook, the good news is that it’s an easy and quick process. It’s easy unless a person knows the correct process in the correct sequence.
Changing name by using Mobile
If a person wants to change the name on Facebook using any Smartphone following steps are needed to be followed:
- Open the Facebook app of the mobile phone by tapping on its icon.
- At the upper right corner of the main screen, tap on the menu option which is represented by three lines.
- Move downwards and select the settings option to enter the settings of the mobile app. Select the ‘personal information that will appear on the screen.
- After Personal information select the ‘Name’ option. First type the desired name you want to change then select the ‘Review Change’, which will move the process to the final stage.
- If a person is satisfied with the new name then type the password of the account for confirmation.
- Select the ‘Save Changes to confirm the action of change the name on Facebook.
If the password that you have entered is correct and the name that you have typed is accepted by Facebook then the new name will appear on the Facebook account. The steps remain the same for all the mobile devices a person uses.
Changing name by using PC
Facebook always keeps on working on its features. It has recently worked on its versions and has provided the option that whether a person is using the old version or the latest version.
Following steps are needed to be done by the ones who are using the new layout of Facebook to change the name on Facebook:
- Open the Facebook app and the main screen will appear. Click on the icon which looks like a down arrow which can be seen at the upper right side of the Facebook screen.
- First, select the ‘Settings and Privacy’ which will lead towards further options then select the ‘Settings’ from those options.
- Move to the ‘General account settings’ and look for the current username. There would be an edit option just beside the current username, select the edit option.
- Then type the new desired name and select the option of ‘Review Change’. A person will be asked to put the password again for confirmation.
- If a person is satisfied with the new name then put the password and select the ‘Save Changes’ option. This will save the new password and a new name will appear at the place of the username.
The following steps are needed to follow to change the name on Facebook on the classical layout:
- Click on the app to open it which will move to the main screen of Facebook.
- At the upper right side of the screen, there would be an icon pointing towards the downside, select that icon.
- Select the ‘Settings’ option and the proceeding steps are the same as in the new layout. Besides the current name, there is an option of ‘Edit’ select that option.
- Type the new username name and select the ‘Review Change’, type the password for confirmation. Select the option of ‘Save Changes’
In this way, the new username will appear at the place of the previous username and a person can be searched on Facebook by using the new Facebook username.
This article explains all the information regarding the change the name on Facebook. Support us on our website and we will keep providing you with the best of the services and articles.