Steam is a digital video gaming provider which acts as a game store, it contains more than 14 million players and 40 thousand games for selling purposes. It is mostly targeted by hackers, they can steal steam accounts and sell them in the black market or they get credit card details of steam account holders from the linked information and buy gift cards through those credit cards.
There are a lot of reasons due to which a steam user will want to change his or her steam password. There is a reason when you forget your account password as most people enable the Remember my password feature and after some time if they have to log into their account they may not remember their password, in that case, they have to reset it to get back their account.
Another reason due to which a person wants to change his password is when he or she finds his or her password old or not strong enough to secure the account. It is also recommended to keep updating your steam account periodically. You can use the changing password feature to recover your steam account if it is hacked by someone else.
How do I change my password on the steam app?
Follow the given steps to change your steam account password if you have access to your email address:
- Add your steam username and password to log into your steam client. A steam menu is present at the top right corner of the screen, click on it and a drop-down menu will appear, and choose the settings option from the menu.
- Steam account dialogue will appear on the screen, it contains all of your account information including email, vac status, security status, and account name. Under this information different options are present, select the “change password” option which is present in the 2nd position.
- A new dialogue box of steam support will appear on the screen in which steam will ask how you want to change your password. The two options are depending on whether you have access to your email address or not. Click the option of “email an account verification code”. Steam will send you code to your email address.
- Check your email and copy the code sent by steam to your email. Paste the code on the other opened screen and hit the continue button. On the next screen type your new password 2 times and click the option of change password. After this, your steam password will be changed.
If you don’t have access to your email address then follow the given steps to reset your steam password:
- Open the steam app and on the login dialogue box, an option of “I can’t sign in ” is present below the login options. Select I can’t sign in and then click on I forgot my steam name or password.
- On the screen, you have to enter your phone number or email that you have used while creating the steam account. Select the option of email an account verification code and steam will send you a code on the email address you have entered.
- Copy the verification code from the email and paste it into the steam screen then click the option of continue and hit the button to change the password. Add your new password two times and click on the change password button.
What is the best password for steam?
To secure your steam account you must use a strong password and keep changing it after some period of time. Steam support has recommended some tips while choosing your password such as it must contain a minimum of 6 characters, characters should be a combination of upper and lowercase letters and the password must contain at least one number.
What to do if get scammed on Steam?
According to the steam support policy if any user of steam is scammed then the best thing he or she can do is report to steam. Steam has introduced a Report feature so that the company will be aware and can take action according to the submitted report by the user.
Steam is very popular due to which it mostly gains the attention of hackers. Steam users need to change their steam password when they forgot their password or they want to secure their accounts from hackers. Anyone can reset or change steam password easily by using an email account or even the password can be reset if you don’t have access to your email address.