If you are in the habit of watching TV at late hours of the night and your family members or your neighbours complain about the volume of the TV that disturbs them when they are sleeping then the idea of buying wireless headphones for TV is best for you. By using wireless headphones you can enjoy your favourite season or movie at any time of the day without disturbing others at the volume whatever you want.
There are mostly two types of wireless headphones that are used for TVs. The first type is Bluetooth headphones. Bluetooth headphones have a short range of about 10 metres and can compress the audio from external sources. The second type is radio frequency transmission headphones, they contain a transmitter to link to the jack of the TV. They have a higher range of hundred metres and they also provide better audio quality as compared to Bluetooth headphones.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to a smart TV?
Bluetooth headphones as the name indicate work by using Bluetooth so you may ask that Do all smart Tvs have Bluetooth? So the answer is yes, most TVs have Bluetooth features such as Samsung, Sony or LG. In case if your TV has no Bluetooth system then you can use a Bluetooth transmitter to enable Bluetooth on it. Follow the given steps to connect Bluetooth headphones to your smart tv:
- First of all, you have to do the pairing procedure as we are well familiar with. For instance, if you are using webOS You can do it through the remote control by pressing the gear sign button, go to the three horizontal dot bars by using directional arrows and press Ok.
- Go to the Audio related option and open it by pressing the ok button. You will find a Bluetooth related option with the name of Bluetooth or LG sound sync, open it by pressing the ok button.
- Set your headphones into the pairing or Discovery mode. The process may vary according to the headphones so you can take guidelines from the manual or otherwise just present any key and you may hear any sound or flash that confirms that pairing mode is on.
- Now you have to enable pairing or Discovery mode on your TV set so it can search the headphones. Select the Device selection button and press ok. Wait until your tv finds headphones and then their name will show on the tv screen. Select the name of your headphones and press the ok button to confirm the connection.
Can you use wireless headphones without Bluetooth?
Yes, you can use wireless headphones without Bluetooth if you have selected which works on radio frequency transmission but not on Bluetooth. Follow the given steps to connect your wireless headphones with an RF transmitter to your Tv:
- First of all, after buying the headphones you have to put them on charging to start their first charge cycle. To do it you have to insert the battery in any headphone and then put it on charge by using the charging base of the headphones. Some headphones may require a cable to charge your RF transmitter.
- After completion of charging connect the transmitter to your TV through a 3.5 mm jack. Turn on headphones and TV and check whether it is working or not.
- If you are receiving a faint sound or no sound is coming then you have to change the reception channel on the transmitter as well as on the headphones.
You can use wireless headphones with your TV to listen with more concentration and no one else will be disturbed by the TV volume. You will find two types of wireless headphones in the market, one that works by using Bluetooth and the other that uses Radiofrequency transmission. You can connect both of them easily with your TV as the whole procedure is described in the above article.