JioMeet is a conferencing app just like zoom, it enables its users to video call to many people at the same time which makes discussion efficient. It is free to use and you can get the experience of a high-quality video call with a high level of security.
Now JioMeet is available for everyone as a simple mobile app but the old one is restricted to specific users in beta. You can use JioMeet on your Mac or Windows computer through the desktop website of JioMeet. It is much similar to Zoom but it has two advanced features as compared to zoom, only associates of any organization can join the meeting and other people with other IDs can be ejected from the meeting.
Signing up in JioMeet
To use JioMeet you have to create an account on it, it can be created from a computer or a mobile device. To create an account on JioMeet follow the given steps:
- Download the app and install it on your mobile phone or desktop. Open the JioMeet app and on the home screen sign-up option will appear, tap on this option, and a new screen will appear. Fill the given spaces by entering a name, email address or you can add a phone number Instead of email then check the box to show that you are agreeing to terms and conditions then select the Done option.
- The next step is verification, if you have entered your email address then go to your mailbox and verify from there. If you have entered your phone number, you will receive an OTP through a message, and a new screen will appear, type the OTP.
- Another method to create an account on JioMeet is through the website. On your desktop computer go to any internet browser and open the JioMeet website “jiomeetpro.jio.com” then click on “Sign up” and type your email /phone number and name then agree to the terms and conditions and then done.
How to use JioMeet
Follow the given steps to host a meeting on JioMeet:
- Go to the app and select the “new meeting” option, tap on Device and log into your JioMeet account. On the next screen select whether you want that your video will be on for the meeting or off. You can also use your ID to create a meeting, for this purpose, a toggle is present at the bottom of the screen “Use personal meeting id” after turning it on you will be able to create your id and its password.
- Select “start meeting” and when the meeting starts then tap on the participant’s option to invite others to join the meeting. Then tap on the invite and then you can simply copy the link and then paste it anywhere or select an app through which you want to invite participants and then select the person or group to share the link of invitation.
- If you are using the JioMeet app on the computer then go to the app and log into your JioMeet account. A new meeting option will appear on the screen, click the arrow adjacent to this option then check the boxes according to your need, and then hit the New meeting option. On the computer, you can share the link through email, Facebook messenger, or desktop Whatsapp by copying it.
- To host a meeting through the website go to the JioMeet website and login to your account then click host a meeting and follow the steps as it is mentioned in the desktop version app.
To join the meeting go to the app or website and select “enter a session” and add meeting id, your name, and then check the boxes according to your need and hit the option of joining the meeting. After it, JioMeet will ask you to add the password of the meeting.
JioMeet is a video conferencing service that is used worldwide for business purposes. It is free and available for everyone to create an account and use for personal or business purposes. You can create an account and meeting by using the procedure above mentioned.