Skype is the oldest telecommunication app. For many years people have been using skype to audio or video call their friends and family. In the beginning, it was the main source of connecting with people living abroad. It is the basic Platform that opened the way to talk on video with just a click to anyone miles away or to next door.
It is very famous and convenient to use but a person may don’t need it or may find another app more comfortable as compared to it. Whatever the reason is you can easily delete your Skype account but you have to do it adequately otherwise you may be not able to access other related accounts such as Xbox or Outlook accounts.
You have to take some measures to ensure the privacy of your account as there is no direct option or button available on skype to delete the account. Most of the apps nowadays are not providing a direct button to delete an account to ensure that the user accidentally doesn’t delete his or her account.
Steps to do before deleting the account
Many apps which have replaced the deleted button to brief steps have also added a new feature in which the app will take some days to fulfill your request to delete the account so within these days if you change your mind then you can easily get your account back.
Skype also offers a long procedure to delete the account. You have to check some boxes to confirm that you are deleting your account with your full concern.
Then the skype will ask you to choose a day limit to work on your request. You can choose 30 or 60 days, after that time your account will be deleted.
But before going to delete the account you have to unlink your Google account whose email id you are using on skype. If you do not do that you will regret it.
You would not be able to access all the services related to the email id you are using on skype. To unlink the Google account following steps can be taken
- Sign in to your Skype account
- Scroll down the page until you will find “settings and preferences ” then select account settings
- You will find your Google account there and adjacent to it “unlink or not linked” option will be present. Click on it
- A confirmation note will appear, tap on continue, and then your Google account will be unlinked from Skype
Delete account from Computer
To delete your Skype account from Desktop follow the following steps
- Install Skype on your computer
- Go to your profile by clicking on your name at the top left side
- A menu option will appear there then, select the Settings option.
- A panel will open on the right of it and you will find the “Close your account” option by scrolling down.
- Confirm your account by typing your id and password
- A window will appear which contains all the details of what you are losing by deleting your account. Read all the text thoroughly and then click on “next”.
- Some confirmation is required, check the boxes you find relevant. Then choose the reason behind your account deletion.
- Click ” Mark account for closure” to send a request to Skype to delete your account. It will take some time to delete your account and the data on your account.
Delete account on mobile
To delete a Skype account from Mobile is almost the same as in the case of a Computer. Follow the following steps
- Install Skype on your mobile
- Go to your profile then go to settings
- Select the “Account and Profile” option
- Select the “Close your account” option
- Type your id and password to confirm your account
- Tap on next after reading the list
- Check the related boxes and type the reason for deletion
- In the last select “Mark account for closure” to delete your account permanently from Mobile.
You can’t find a direct option to delete your account but you can easily do it by following the above process. Hopefully, you find it helpful, then support and follow us on our social accounts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.