Gmail allows its users to save their contacts on their Gmail account, along with their email addresses, home addresses, birth dates, and job descriptions would also be saved on Gmail. If you want you can delete any Gmail contact or all of your Gmail contacts from your mobile phone. Now you may be thinking “How do I delete contacts from Gmail on my phone? or ” How do I delete contacts from my Google account?”
Follow the given steps on your android phone to delete Gmail contacts:
- On the home screen of your android phone, you will find a contact app or icon. Open it, all of your contacts will appear on the screen in the form of a list mostly in alphabetical order.
- If you want to delete a single contact then find the contact which you want to delete and tap on it. Select the option of more or three vertical dots present at the top right side of the screen. A menu will appear on the screen, tap on the “delete” option from the menu. Again confirmation notification will appear, to confirm the deletion procedure again tap on the “delete” option.
- If you want to delete multiple contacts then you first have to select the contacts you want to delete. Tap and hold a contact until it will be selected then select the other contacts you want to delete. Tap on the delete icon or trash bin present on the top side of the screen. Confirm by tapping on the delete option.
- If you want to delete all of your Gmail contacts then hit the three horizontal dots present on the top side of the screen and then select the option of “select all”. Then tap on the delete icon of the trash bin and again tap on the delete button.
- After the above procedure, your contacts will be deleted and moved to the trash of your Gmail account. If you want to regain your contacts or if any contact is deleted accidentally then you can regain it from the trash within 30 days. After 30 days the contacts will be deleted permanently by Gmail.
- If you don’t want to wait 30 days and want to delete your contacts permanently on the spot then you have to Delete them from the trash. Select the contacts or a specific contact and then tap on “Delete forever” option, again tap on “Delete forever” option and your contacts will be deleted permanently. If you want to delete all of your Gmail contacts from trash then simply empty the trash, to do it select the option of “empty trash now” and then tap on the “deleted forever” option.
How do I stop Gmail from syncing my contacts?
Gmail mostly automatically syncs your contacts but you can easily disable sync of Gmail by your android phone settings. To do it open your android phone settings
Can you hide contacts on Android?
If you don’t want to delete your contacts, you can just hide them easily by using a hangout app. Open the hangout app and then find the contact you want to hide. Tap and hold the name of the contact you want to hide and then select the option of hiding contact.
Why can’t I delete my contacts?
Some contacts are in the form of read-only contacts and these contacts are not able to be deleted by our android phones. Firstly you have to Delete the contact then you have to enable sync for contacts.
Gmail contacts enable you to save your contacts information in detail including the person’s address, job description, and date of birth, etc. If you want to delete any Gmail account on your android device then it is very simple you just have to open your contacts app. To delete your Gmail contacts permanently you have to delete them forever from the trash otherwise they will be deleted permanently after 30 days.