Facebook is a very popular social app that enables a user to post his or her pictures, thoughts, or videos. Even anyone can add stories in the latest version of Facebook.
Facebook also provides chatting features to its customers, through which a person can text, send audios, videos, stickers to his or her friends or other people which are not on the friend list.
Facebook Messenger is a separate app connected to Facebook managing all the messages. It is easily accessible to everyone. Facebook didn’t pay any attention to the management of messages.
It can be proven as after many years Facebook has launched a feature of deleting an accidentally sent message. You can delete the message if you are the receiver or sender but there is a limitation factor, you can only delete the message within 10 minutes.
If a messenger user wants to know how to delete messages on messenger easily, then this article is very informative to him. There is no single direct method that can be used in case of deleting all the Facebook messages.
Many google extensions are working to delete all the Facebook messages. But these are not reliable enough as a lot of reports are received against them by a user telling that they do not work properly.
How to delete messages on messenger
Instead of relying on google extensions, you can delete all the messages on Facebook manually. It is not an easy task which you can perform with a single click, but you have to do it one by one. You can delete conversations one by one at a time. It may consume a lot of your time if you have talked to many people or you are an old user.
One more thing to remember is that when you delete a conversation it will be deleted from your side but the other person will have the conversation of your messages on his or her mobile phone or laptop.
Deleting messages with the help of a browser
- Open your browser and go to the Facebook website “facebook.com”
- Log into your Facebook id and go to the messaging section by clicking on the messenger icon on the top right side of the main screen.
- A list of all the conversations will appear by the user name, click on the conversation, and a new chat window of conversation will be open.
- An arrow present adjacent to the person’s name of conversation, click that arrow then another menu bar will appear containing many options. From the options select the “Delete Conversation” option.
- Repeat the above-mentioned process to delete every conversation
Deleting messages with the help of messenger app
- Download and then install the messenger app on your mobile phone.
- Log into your Facebook id and then all the conversation lists will appear on the mobile phone’s screen.
- Swipe left the conversation you want to delete and tap on the delete icon.
- A pop-up notification will appear on the bottom side to confirm that you are deleting the right conversation. Tap on delete to confirm it.
- Repeat the above-mentioned steps to delete every single conversation.
Follow the above steps to delete all the messages on the messenger of Facebook. Keep visiting our website for more informative articles.