Twitter is growing very rapidly in the field of information and technology. One can have different kinds of information just by having one account of Twitter, the information contains personal to national or international data. One can amplify its tweets by the presence in someone else Twitter list.
Sometimes a person may find himself on a Twitter list, to whom the person may not belong for all. It might be possible that a person misses reading the concept and the vision that the twitter person is trying to give to the audience. It might be possible that someone has put a person on the Twitter list just to mentally harass that person or target that person in front of a large audience.
Many of the activists suggest that one should keep checking its social media accounts especially Twitter account regularly so that one must be aware of the Twitter list he/she present in.
If a person finds himself in a list that doesn’t belong to himself, which is harassing or which is created just to target someone or his own self then the best solution is to delete your account from an unwanted Twitter list. The simplest way is to block the person who has created the list but a more precise way is present out there.
Get yourself removed
The main question that will arise in the mind is that, How to delete your account from an unwanted Twitter list? The solution to this problem is given below:
- First, find the list you wanted to get yourself removed from. For this, on the left side of the feed there lies an icon of ‘Lists’ click on it. The page which will appear would be the lists page.
- Three dots are present at the upper right corner of the page, click on them. Then, select the ‘List you are on’ to find the lists you are present in. Then select the unwanted list.
- Select the account name of the unwanted list creator. Now the page which will appear will be the profile page of that creator. Check the profile of the creator if he/she is unknown then proceed with the process given below.
- Click three dots on the right side of the profile image. Then, different options will appear there. Select the ‘Block’ option to block that person.
- Confirm the action by again accepting the popup notification. This will block the creator from your Twitter account. Now, you are not able to see his/her content same as that person will also not able to see your content.
If a person is blocked in this way then all the lists that a specific person has made will remove you. If a person doesn’t want to block that person then just click ‘Unblock’ at the place where the block was present.
If a person has not blocked that person then the creator can add the person to any list without permission and can harass using the content and tweets. Both the creator and the person can watch each other’s activity and profile.