Netflix is a very famous streaming service in America. It allows a user to watch a variety of content including Tv shows, movies, documentaries, and many more. If you are looking for a particular Outstanding Movie or tv show, you will surely find it on Netflix. It is not a free service, after sign in to your account you have to pay some amount for its services.
One of the useful features of Netflix is that it provides subtitles options to the users. Subtitles are sentences that appear on screen in a movie or tv show when any character is speaking. Subtitles are very helpful, without them most people cannot understand the movie or tv show or understand less.
Subtitles are very helpful for those who are having hearing issues. It is very useful when we are watching movies in other languages we are not so good at. But subtitles don’t need to remain on screen all the time. Sometimes people find them distracting and want to disappear from their screen. You can permanently turn off subtitles on Netflix.
Turn off subtitles on Netflix from the browser
Follow the following steps to turn off subtitles when using Netflix on a browser:
- Open the movie or tv show you want to watch then move the cursor on the screen so that you will see “playback options” on the bottom side of the screen.
- In the playback options, you will find a speech bubble icon, this is the option of “Audio and Subtitles”. It manages the language along with subtitles. Tap on the icon.
- A menu will appear which contains Audio options on the left side and subtitles option on the right side. Select the “Off” option under the subtitles heading to turn off the subtitles permanently for the movie or tv shows and the subtitles will be off for the current movie or tv show tap you are watching and for the others also which you will play.
Turn off subtitles of Netflix from your mobile phone
If you are streaming on Netflix from your mobile phone, it could by android or iOS device then you can also turn off subtitles of the movies or tv shows you are watching by following steps.
The process is the same as it is mention in the browser case, the only difference is that playback options are present in a different way according to the mobile phone system.
- Play the movie or tv show then tap anywhere on the screen, playback options will appear. You can first pause the video.
- You will find the “Audio and Subtitles” option on the bottom of the screen, tap on it
- A menu will appear which contains Audio options on the left side and Subtitles option on the right side.
- You will see the off option under the “Subtitles” heading in the last. Click on it, then tap on “apply” the subtitles will be off permanently.
Turn off subtitles from other devices
You can turn off subtitles from other devices also including Tv, streaming sticks, and blue-ray, etc. the steps are almost the same the difference may be present as Netflix options may vary from device to device. From the remote or controller of the device press the directional button so the playback options appear on the screen. Then select the speech bubble icon of “Audio and Subtitles ”. then tap on “Off” under the subtitles menu
Sometimes due to bug issues subtitles remain on the screen even after following the above procedure then play any other video as Netflix can fix it by itself or go to check the available update and update the version.
Thank you for giving attention, you can follow us on our website to read more informative articles like this.