Whatsapp is one of the most usable social apps. Whatsapp users can do secure chatting and audio/video calling features. WhatsApp provides end-to-end encrypted messages and calls. Whatsapp is the best app for international users as they can use their country number on Whatsapp. Along with chatting and calling you can also send interesting emojis and stickers with your friends and family.
Many other apps provide video calling features but there are some beneficial aspects of Whatsapp video calling as there is no time limit, you can video call to anyone for unlimited time. You can also do video group conversations with many people at the same time.
With time WhatsApp has upgraded its features for a better experience for their regular users. A recent upgrade was done in Whatsapp in March 2021, because of which now the users are not bound to do video calling on small screens of their mobile phones. Now the users can do video calling on their desktop, PC, or notebooks also.
To receive or make a video call on your desktop system must have a Whatsapp app. As this feature is only available on the app. You need to download the desktop Whatsapp version and then Install it on your system.
On the Whatsapp web which is used on browsers, you will find no Video calling option. So if you want to make a video call from your desktop, you must ensure that it has Whatsapp in app form.
Follow the following steps to make a video call from Whatsapp on your Desktop
- Download desktop Whatsapp software from any app store, windows store, or linked website on your desktop.
- Install the software on your desktop.
- Open the Whatsapp icon on your desktop, a QR code will generate for you by Whatsapp.
- To link your mobile phone Whatsapp to your desktop Whatsapp scan the QR code. To scan the QR code open your Whatsapp on a mobile phone then click on three horizontal dots on the upper right side of the main screen of your mobile phone. A menu will appear, tap on Whatsapp’s web option, and then select link a device option. The camera scanner will open to scan the QR code. Place your phone near the screen, the mobile scanner will focus, and then automatically all the chats will appear on the desktop screen.
- Select a person’s chat from the left side list of chats with whom you want to do video calling. In the chart of the person at the top right corner of the screen, you will find icons of video and audio calling. Click on the video calling icon. The call will start now.
- Like skype, ‘Meet or Co’.W will find three dots on the top right side by using a theme we can select the source of audio.
This is how we can make a video call on Whatsapp on our desktop.
I hope you will find this article interesting. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.