In the latest technology era, Netflix is a streaming service that provides you with a variety of movies, TV shows, documentaries, and many other items to entertain a person. Every week a lot of movies, TV shows, and other videos are uploaded. Any person can get the service at low monthly prices.
Sometimes you can not stream on Netflix because of a lack of internet service or when you are on an airplane. At that hour, you can see your favorite movies offline. You can download the movies but it is not a piece of cake. You can’t download the whole library, it could be costly.
Check the available download section
Open the Netflix app on your device and search for the movie that is available to view offline by using the following procedure.
First, you have to get to know which movies you can download. To view the navigation bar, tap the “Download” button. After tapping you will see the list of movies you can download. This Download section contains a lot of movies and shows. Scroll down and find the movie you want to download.
Download the movie
When you find the movie you want to download, click on the download button present adjacent to the share icon. It will start downloading and once it is done you can see it in the downloads by tapping the download icon on the navigation bar. You can manage all your downloaded videos in this section.
After watching the entire movie, you can delete the movie to free up space to download more movies. To delete the movie go to the download section by tapping on the download icon in the bottom navigation bar. Click on the pencil icon on the right top side. Select the movie you want to delete and click on the ” trash can icon” option present on the right top side. The movie will be deleted.
Download the TV shows
To download the TV shows offline the process is almost the same as in the case of movies.
- Open the Netflix app.
- Find a TV show that supports offline downloading. Tap on the “download icon” present adjacent to every episode description. You cannot download the entire season at once so you have to pick and download episodes one by one. It could be a hectic task for anyone.
- You can manage downloaded TV shows in the same way you are managing your movies. Tap on the download button at the bottom of the screen. It will take you to the download section where you can delete them. You can also use the “smart download” feature so Netflix will automatically delete watched shows or even download the latest ones.
“Downloads for you” feature:
Netflix has launched a new feature named “download for you”. This will automatically save movies or TV shows on your devices based on persons streaming taste. The person can watch them without an internet connection.
This feature will work only if you activate it. Another thing to remember is that it will only work on a Wi-Fi connection.
To activate the “smart download” option follow the steps given below:
- Open the Netflix app then click on the download icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the “smart download” option on the top of the screen. You will find out a toggle named “ Downloads for you”. Click on it to turn it on.
- You can set the download storage limit of this feature by using the “+” or “-” sign.