Today, we are discussing how to erase your MacBook and restore factory settings before selling it. Many users never know how to reset the devices. Before selling it to others you must factory reset your system.
Keep reading this article to know more about the factory reset settings. It is very important for you to know because you are going to sell your devices to other people.
How Do I Factory Reset My MacBook Before Selling It?
Below are the following details that are very helpful for you. Every device has its own security system. Every person has their own privacy that includes videos, audio, images, and personal documents.
This is very easy for you to reset or wipe your Mac device before selling it to others. We are discussing how to erase your MacBook and restore factory settings before selling it.
It is very important for you to erase all of your data from the devices. Because maybe it will be used for any purpose or in any criminal activity.
So, be careful while selling your devices including smartphones, laptops, or Apple watches.
First, you need to log out of your all related email addresses including your mac id and password. Also, upload your all photos and videos with important documents to iCloud Drive then delete them permanently from the device.
Which will help you to protect your data from misuse. Then go to settings and move to reset your device and click on factory reset the device.
Wait for a while your device will start automatically and perform a procedure to factory reset your device. That will result in removing your all of data and everything including your email address. Yet, you presently should separately sign out of three applications – Music, TV, and Books.
Open up any of those applications and go to account then authorizations then go to deauthorize this Computer. You’ll have to enter your Apple ID and secret key and afterward hit the Deauthorize button.
Then, you’ll need to kill Find My Mac and sign out of iCloud. Go to System Preferences > Apple ID, click iCloud on the left board and afterward uncheck Find My Mac.
Then, click Overview from the left board and afterward click the Sign Out button.
Ultimately, you’ll need to sign out of Messages. Open the Messages application, go to Messages then click on Preferences, click the iMessage tab and afterward click Sign Out.
How do I Completely Wipe My Mac?
- Restart your PC by holding the force button and select Restart when it shows up
- While the PC restarts, hold down the ‘Order’ and ‘R’ keys
- When you see the Apple logo shows up, discharge the ‘Order and R keys’
- At the point when you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility
- Ensure the ‘Mac HD’ startup circle featured in your Disk Utility window and select Erase
- A spring-up window ought to show up. Change the Format to macOS Extended Journaled and select Erase once more
- Choose the Quit Disk Utility option in the Disk utility list.
- A window will at that point seem to give you the alternative to reinstall macOS and select Install macOS
- After the new macOS introduced, your PC has been effectively industrial facility reset
To do as such, shut down your Mac, at that point turn it on and promptly press and hold four keys together.
Option, Command, P, and R. You can deliver the keys within 20 seconds or something like that. That is it! Your Mac’s NVRAM has been reset.
Hope you have got all the points of doing a factory reset on your devices. For more interesting information and news kindly visit our website and follow us on social media accounts.
Thanks for reading this article that is helpful for you.