If a person is using his device that may be a mobile phone, laptop or computer then it is possible that he may get a technical issue that will disturb his working. But beyond disturbance, he will become worried and will be thinking about the solution to that technical issue. According to research the most initial, amazing, and simple way to remove a technical issue is to factory reset the device.
Recent factory means to reset the phone and use the phone as back to day zero. But it’s not that reliable as the user has to lose all his files. The reset device will also remove all kinds of pics, videos, contact, and even documents save on the phone. If a person is afraid of losing his important data and files then he does not need to be worried because we can now reset our whole device without losing our data.
Resetting a device:
When we decide to reset our device then there appears an option that will ask us whether we want to remove all data from mobile during the reset process or want to save it. We also have an opportunity to save some of the data that are important to us and can remove all the others.
Many devices recommend their users to take a backup of their data so that if they experience any issue then their data remains the same. Backup of data is very important for the users that have very sensitive information in their devices and they don’t want to lose them in any case. The steps given below will help a user to reset his device. Our device will start working smoothly as it was, before that issue.
Steps to Factory Reset a Device on Windows 10:
Here are the steps that a person can follow to reset his device:
- Selecting ‘Setting’: On our Windows 10 device, we will find a start menu on the toolbar. We will see the Windows icon at the bottom of the screen on the left side. We can also choose to type ‘Settings’ in the search bar.
- Selecting updates and security: When you find settings then we have to search for ‘Updates and Security from a list of options. If a person can’t find it or is having any problem then he can search for it by typing ‘Updates and Security’ in the search bar rather than following the steps mentioned above.
- Selecting Recovery: We will see a variety of tabs on the left side of ‘Updates and Security. We have to search for the ‘Recovery’ tab from the list of different tabs. We can also search for it by typing ‘Recovery’ in the search bar rather than following the steps given above.
- Clicking ‘Get Started’: When a person reaches the recovery tab then we will see a heading marked ‘Reset this PC’. We will see a short paragraph and a button named ‘Get Started’.We have to tap on that button.
- Selecting removing of data: Here we will ask for two things. We want to remove all the data from the device or want to keep it. If a person wants to remove his all day from the device then he has to tap on the option ‘Remove everything’. If a person wants to keep data then he has to click on the option named ‘ Keep my files. Selecting the first option will wipe our device by removing all the data whereas selecting the second option will wipe our device but all the files of the user will remain to save.
- Wiping whole derive: When a person selects ‘ Keep my device’ then this will start the reset process. But if a person selects the option ‘Remove Everything Then he will ask some questions. Here we will be asked whether we want to just remove all files or want to remove the whole drive.
- Confirming: After following the above steps, a person will be asked to confirm his action of resetting the device. A person has to be sure about it because there is no going back at this stage.
- Reset Process: Here a person just has to wait for the completion of the reset process. The time required by the device to reset will depend on the option that we select and also on-device storage.
- Setting up device: When the reset process once completed then our Windows 10 device will start. Now our device will be in that condition when it is brand new. Now from here, we can set up our device.
This is how we can reset our windows 10 device. It is a pretty simple method.
I hope you like this article. Please follow us on our websites.