A person must have to make proof of anything to make the statement effective. Different mobile phones offer the users a feature in which a user can capture the screen in the form of a picture named ‘Screenshot’. When a person takes a screenshot it means that he is saving his work in the phone picture for use in the future. If a person plays a game and scores high then he can take a screenshot of it and can show it to his friends and family.
It is evolving greatly in the lives of the people. People don’t know about this feature because no availability of screen capturing was present before. Now people are fully aware of it and know the process along with basics hence know how to take screenshots on different devices.
Hence now we can easily capture a screenshot and can view it anytime. The screenshot will be saved on our device for future use. But nowadays a lot of people don’t know how they can find their screenshot on Mac. In this article, we will discuss some methods that are to be followed to find screenshots on Mac.
Finding Screenshot on Mac
Screenshots are directly saved in Mac’s desktop folder so that we can have access to it at any time and can take advantage of it. Below are some methods that should be followed to find screenshots on Mac. These methods are:
- By using a finder.
- By using the spotlight.
Finding screenshots on Mac with Finder
A person can easily find a screenshot on Mac by following the steps given below:
- The first step is to tap on the ‘Desktop’ and then from the finder menu tap on ‘Find’. A finder search window will appear on the screen.
- Tap on the option ‘This Mac’ which is present next to the search to set the search scope to the entire startup drive. Then in the search bar type ‘kMDItemIsScreenCapture:1’. All the screenshots are saved with the above flag and now we can search for screenshots easily.
The finder search window will contain all the screenshots saved on Mac and we can easily search for or desired screenshots from here. We can also save our searching by tapping on ‘Save’ located at the top of the screen.
Finding screenshots on Mac with Spotlight
A person can easily search for screenshots on Mac by using spotlight. He just has to follow the given steps:
- A person has to tap on the screenshot icon to move to the Spotlight function. We can find this option in Mac’s menu.
- Then a person needs to type ‘kMDItemIsScreenCapture:1’ in the search bar. After typing all the screenshots saved on our Mac will appear in the spotlight. We can also use arrow keys located on the keyboard to highlight items in search results.
A person has to press the ‘Enter’ key from the keyboard to open the highlighted file. We can also tap on ‘Show All in Folder’ to have additional results.
Changing Screenshots settings on a Mac
A person can easily change the settings of the screenshot on Mac by following the given steps:
- Open the Screenshot app by moving to the utility folder. By pressing Command + Shift + 5, we can also open the screenshot app.
- Tap Options. The top tile of the menu will describe our ‘Save to’ options.
Choose a ‘Save To’ option.
When a person captures a screenshot then he must know where the screenshot has been saved. A person can follow the above steps to find the exact location of screenshots on Mac and can view them easily.