There are a lot of people who want to know the answer to the question: How to find a Mac address on an iPhone? Before moving to the main topic a person must have basic information about a Mac address and why there is a need to find it.
Mac address is a short form of Media access control address. As we know, every wifi device must need an address that makes it unique from others. The 12 digits number that is assigned to every ethernet and wifi device is said to be its Mac address.
A lot of people don’t know about Mac addresses and some don’t know how to find Mac addresses on iPhone. We are going to discuss how to find a Mac address on an iPhone in the given article.
Finding Mac address
If a person wants to know how to find a Mac address on an iPhone then he has to follow the given steps:
- First of all, we have to move to the setting icon of an iPhone that is a grey-colored gear-shaped icon. Then we have to search for the option general from the list of options that appears after opening the settings.
- Tap on the ‘General’ option then a new screen will appear where we have to select the about option from the top of the screen. Now we have to move down the list and search for the option Wi-Fi address from the list.
- After finding the Wi-Fi address option tamponade and here we will see a 12 digit number that is our iPhones mac address. The person can utilize this number for creating a connection between any Network program and iPhone.
Finding Mac address on MacBook pro
A person can easily find a Mac address on a Macbook pro by using the given easy steps:
- A person has to select the option ‘System Preference’ from the Macbook’s dock. Now we have to select a globe-shaped icon named ‘Network’.
- Now, press the option ‘Wi-fi’. We have to tap on ‘Ethernet’ if we are connected with a network using ethernet cable otherwise tap on ‘Advance’ if we have another connection.
- A wifi window will appear, we have to select the ‘Wifi’ option. Here we will see our Macbook’s wifi Mac address at the bottom side. The ethernet Mac address will be seen after clicking on the ‘Hardware’ tab
How do you find a mac address on an iphone?
If a person wants to know how to find a Mac address on an iPhone device then the following steps must be followed:
- The step that we have to follow is to open the settings of the device and then select the option ‘General’ from the list of options. If a person can’t find the settings app on the home screen then he has to move to the app library to find it.
- Here we will see a lot of options, we have to select the ‘About’ option. Here we will see our Mac address. These are the steps to know how to find the Mac address on an iphone.
How do devices find Mac addresses?
A device can easily find a Mac address by using the following steps:
- First of all, we have to move to the settings of the device and then select the option wireless control. After this, we have to tap on option wifi settings.
- We will see three dots on the top of the screen, we have to tap on them. A list of options will appear, select advanced options.
- In the end, we have to move down the list after selecting the advanced option and there we will see both Mac and IP addresses.
There are a lot of users who want to find the Mac address on their iPhone but can’t find it. They can follow the above simple and reliable steps to know how to find the Mac address on an iPhone. Furthermore, we have also discussed what a Mac address is for the people who are unaware of Mac addresses and want to know its purpose.