Window explorer is an effective file manager on PC but it is only a management app. It also interferes with the processing of different startup apps, if it keeps on crashing then a person won’t be able to properly work on a PC.
Everything is possible so there are some methods by following those methods one can solve any issue regarding window crashing.
The most important cause that the window keeps crashing is because of the harmful files present in the PC. If a person wants to search corrupt files then he can use the “System File Checker Tool” using the “Windows Power Shell”. If a person wants to open a fresh Power Shell window then he must move to the start menu by right-clicking and select “Windows Power Shell option”
In the new window right click on, “SFC/scan now” and select the ‘Enter’ option. This will be done in some time as it is scanning the PC to find the corrupted files. If there are corrupted files then the window will automatically repair it and put it at the same place it was. It also ensures that the window is fully protected.
Checking Window updates
A person must keep on checking the updates in the features of the window. This will help to understand the new updates. If the window is expired then new updates are needed, for this move to start the menu by right-clicking and clicking on “ Settings” then click “update and security” in the settings option. Select “window update” for the latest updating. Then select “ install now” if some updates are pending otherwise select “ check for updates”.If window updates then restart PC for better working otherwise it won’t work properly.
Some processes of explorer run as together working in one system process in PC this causes stability issues. To resolve this problem settings can be changed to make windows work separately.
Follow the following steps given below:
- Open the file explore icon then select the file option.
- By clicking, ‘file options’ you can see the option of a new tab.
- ‘Launch windows in a separate process is present in the ‘Advance settings’
- Select “OK” for the application of this feature.
If this feature is applied then a new window will be working separately. This will help to protect the window from crashing.
Third-party interference in the windows increases working qualities but if third-party interference extends its limit then it will crash the window. To solve this issue a person needs to scan third-party interferences by using an app named “ShellExview”. This quickly detects which app is problematic and removes it. The following steps are required to follow :
- Install ShellExview app and allow the scanning of third-party extensions.
- Select “Options” and press “Hide All Microsoft Extensions”, to make sure that we have not disturbed file explorer.
- Third-party interferences will appear there to stop the working of any of them then select “Disable Selected Items” by right-clicking on it.
- To stop the working of all the third-party interferences select “Edit”. Then click “ Select All” and select “ Disables Selected Items”.
At last, restart the PC, for better working.
Window error logs
Windows error logs are also checked to find the cause of window crashing. For this launch, the Windows Event Viewer by pressing the “Run” option in the start menu then type “eventvwr” in the Run text box and click “OK”.
Go to the Event Viewer window and click on “Application” in the “Window logs”. On the right side, the application panel will open and find the Event IDs with 1000 values. After checking general information of that Error you can troubleshoot easily as it provides background information on the causes.
Malware is a virus that can infect the PC and can also crash the window. You can easily scan the computer for malware by using Windows security.
Steps are given below:
- Open the start menu and click on ‘Run’.
- A new window will appear by typing “Windows defender”.
- Click ‘Virus and threat protection in the Windows security window and press ‘Scan’.
- Press ‘Microsoft Defender Offline Scan’ and Click on ‘Scan Now’.
- The window will restart and detect any type of malware if present and can remove it also.
You can repair window installation by making a performance report. In case of broken registry items, you can repair the registry of windows.
You also resolve installation problems by reinstalling the window or by restoring system files to their default without affecting your files.