Along with other features, iMessage creates a lot of differences between Android and iPhone. Although many chatting services are present nowadays, iMessage has its charm.
iPhone users are in love with the iPhone services among which one of which is the iMessage service. It provides users with a lot of useful features that any person can become a fan of even after one-time usage.
If a person is habitual to iMessage he or she will never like any other messaging app. Especially when the iPhone users have to use an android device, it seems that iMessage cannot be used on Android devices but it is not true.
You can use iMessage on Android if you know some tricks then you can set up iMessage on Android. You just need to know about specific software, computer use.
Reasons why you can’t use iMessage on Android
The main reason behind the unavailability of iMessage on Android is that Apple has to provide an end to end encryption to the iMessage. This means all the messages on iMessage are encrypted and this encryption is starting from the sender’s mobile, Apple’s server, and then the receiver phone.
Because of this encryption feature iMessage is only used on devices that know how to decrypt the messages which are only possible on iPhone.
Apple has restricted iMessage and its features to only iOS and macOS so the user buys Apple devices to obtain iMessage service. This is the reason why you can not find the iMessage app on the Google play store of androids.
There is a program that you can use to gain iMessage service on your android phone. That program is weMessage. You must have the following things to use message:
- You must have an iMessage account, it the existing Apple ID of yours or the one you have used before. To use weMessage you have to run a program on your Mac so you just need a running mac os 10.10 or higher.
- Java7 must be installed on your Mac computer. Your android phone must be Android OS 5.0 or higher. The last thing you must do is to install the weMessage app on your android phone.
How weMessage work
The most important thing that is understood here is the compatibility of Mac as iMessage does not work on Android but it can on the Mac Operating system.
weMessage is linked with Mac and then Mac Is responsible for the route of messages to the network of iMessage. Program of weMessage takes messages and sends them to iMessage and your message will pass through the encryption process of the Apple network. Setting up weMessage
To use weMessage on Android first you have to configure it on your Mac:
- Ensure that you have java installed on your Mac if you do not have then install it. Download and launch the weMessage Program on your Mac. After downloading go to its folder and then click on the “run. command” file to launch it.
- Go to the “Security and privacy” screen in the system preferences then select the privacy tab and then go to accessories. Unlock the settings by clicking on the lock icon present on the left bottom side of the screen. Type your Mac password if a prompt appears on the screen.
- Select the plus icon and go to the application and then utilities. Click on Terminal and then launch the terminal window by clicking on run. Command. Then type the email address that is linked with Your iMessage and then type a password.
After configuration of your Mac set up weMessage on your android by following the given steps:
- Download and install the weMessage app from the google play store of your android phone. After launching it go to the app and add your Mac IP address in it so the app can link with your mac computer.
- Then type your iMessage email address and then add the password you have to write while configuring weMessage on your Mac.
After doing the above process all your conversations will appear on your android screen. Ensure that your iMessage is working by sending a message to anyone.
Thank you for reading this article, you can visit our website to read more such types of articles.