When a person downloads an app and then wants to hide that app from others then a question appears in his mind: how can a person hide an app on android. It’s very easy to hide any app on android so that others cannot have access to it. Many apps help a user to hide apps on android. Some of them are:
- Secret Photo Vault – Keepsafe
- Hide Pictures & Videos – Vault.
Hiding apps means that we don’t want our family, friends, and children to use those apps. If a person doesn’t have a phone that utilizes app-hiding then we can download a third-party app that does allow it. There are many benefits of hiding apps on android like:
- Data protection.
- Protection of our sensitive data from others’ access.
- Avoiding children to use apps continuously.
When a person downloads such an app that contains information that he doesn’t want to expose then the best way to protect the information is to hide that app. After hiding the app, it will now not be visible on the screen and we can have access to the app at any time. In this article, we have discussed some methods that a person can follow to hide the app on android.
Hiding apps on android
It is a very simple method to hide apps on android. We just have to follow the given steps:
- We have to press long on any space on our home screen. We have to click on the setting option at the bottom of the screen to have access to home screen settings.
- Here we have to move down on that menu and click on ‘Hide apps’. A new menu will appear, we have to select the app that we want to hide, then tap “Apply.”
Hide apps in secure folders
Some Android phones have the facility to hide apps within a secure folder. A secure folder needs a PIN or biometric security key to open. Anyone who wants to have access to that device must need that pin or key.
We can easily hide our apps in a secure folder by following the given steps:
- First of all, we have to move to the Settings of our device. Then search for the option ‘Biometric and security’. Tap on the option and select the secure folder.
- Here we have to follow the prompts to set a secure folder. We also have to set a code so that only authorized people can have access to that folder. Once it’s all set, we can easily find the Secure Folder in our App Drawer.
Disable apps rather than hiding
We also have the facility to disable apps rather than hiding them. If a person wants to disable the app then he has to follow the given steps:
- We have to open our android device and then move to the settings of the device. Gear shaped icon will show the settings of the device. After selecting settings, we have to search for option apps from a list of options.
- All the apps will appear on the screen. We have to select the app that we want to disable. After selecting an app, the App info page will appear. Tap on ‘Disable’ to disable that app.
Now we will receive a confirmation message. Our app will be disabled and will not appear on the screen
Find Hidden Apps in the App Drawer
We also have the facility to search for the app that we hide. We have to follow the steps given below:
- Move to the app drawer and tap on the three dots that appear in the upper-right corner of the screen. Click on the option ‘Hide apps‘. The list of apps that we have hidden will appear on the screen.
We can easily hide apps on android from our family, friends, children, or any person with whom we share our device, to protect our data. Hiding apps not only secure our data but also protect our privacy. A person doesn’t have to work a lot but only has to follow the steps mentioned above to hide any app on android.