People want to limit access to their accounts and privacy needs to be limited to certain people. It is a rude gesture to look for searches and other activities of others yet some people do it habitually. It becomes mandatory to limit their access by blocking the searches of Facebook accounts.
Different methods are used to limit access to the searches and other important data. Mainly the procedure applied to a Facebook app on the mobile phone yet this also done on Facebook.com by the web browser present on the PC or other device.
The methods are given below:
- Open Facebook.com in the web browser or Facebook app present in the cell phone then sign in to your Facebook account whose privacy you want to limit.
- On the browser, select the arrow which presents at the upper right side of the page then clicks on ‘Settings and privacy. After that select ‘Settings’ in the options present downward.
- While the ‘Menu’ option is present in mobile phones at the top in iOS devices or at the bottom in android devices, tap on it. Then tap on ‘settings and privacy, then next select ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Privacy’ from the left side of browsers while selecting ‘Privacy Settings’ on the apps present on the mobile phones.
Web, as well as an app, an option of ‘How People can Find and Contact You’ find that option and customize the settings in the following way:
- Set the privacy to friends, friends of friends, or only me for the setting that who can find you by using the email address you have given?
- Set the privacy to friends, friends of friends, or only me to limit the searches that can find you by the phone number you have given?
- To limit the access that an outside browser can associate with your Facebook profile then select ‘Edit’ and uncheck the box describing such a privacy option. In apps, turn off the button describing such a privacy option.
Limiting searches for Professional reasons
If a person uses the same phone number and email address for the professional life as which is provided on Facebook then this causes a problem if that person keeps on getting notifications from the professional people.
It becomes hectic that people who are in contact due to professional reasons are contacting me on Facebook and watching what’s going on in personal life. All these problems ignored by just limiting the searches on Facebook.
Limiting searches for Personal reasons
If a person is some kind of well-known personality, people start making connections with that person and start sending friend requests and messages. It is better to limit privacy as managing with so many fans following on social media would a greater task if all of them started contacting you personally.
Except for all the situations it is better than a person just to limit the access towards itself so that people won’t allow to just contact that person by using email, phone number, or google browser.
Limiting Friend request
If a person is really serious about unknown people won’t contact him by themselves then he must try to limit the access to the friend request.
Some people become annoyed by the recurring friend requests and the messages people sent. It also causes harassment if the person is seriously disturbed by the activity.
One can change the privacy to friends or friends of friends of who on Facebook able to send you a friend request? In this way, only the selected group of people can send you a friend request, not everyone. Hence the privacy, as well as the personal life, would in a relaxed mode by cutting off the extra disturbing people from life.