LinkedIn is a networking site, different people use it for different purposes. Some businessmen use it to connect with their employees and colleagues. Most of the users use it to get job opportunities, they post their CVs on their profile.
Some employers use LinkedIn to add vacant job posts. Whatever the reason is, every user provides a list of his or her professional skills on Profile.
As our profile contains a lot of our personal information then some of us may want to hide or make our accounts private. LinkedIn has provided its users with a feature so they can hide some of their personal information from the public and nobody would be able to see it.
If you want to hide your profile from others and from being picked by search engines then you must have to learn how to make your LinkedIn account private. You can make your LinkedIn profile private from your laptop or mobile phone (iPhone or Android).
How to make your LinkedIn account private from Computer
Follow the given steps to know how to make your LinkedIn account private:
- Open your web browser on your desktop and go to the website of LinkedIn www.linkedin.com and then type your name and password to log into your LinkedIn account.
- Your account will open. At the top of the menu bar, on the right side of the screen, you will see the “Me” option, and above it your profile photo in a very small frame. Click on that “Me” option and select the “View Profile” option.
- On the right side, you will find the “Edit public profile and URL” option, click on it.
- On the left side of the screen there appeared a new menu. From the menu, you will find the ” Your Profile’s public visibility” option under the heading of “Edit Visibility”. Toggle the switch to make your LinkedIn account private from others. Then a confirmation note will appear telling that your changes are done on your profile.
After doing the above steps your LinkedIn profile will be private from other non-LinkedIn users and search engines.
How to make your LinkedIn account private from a Mobile phone
Follow the following steps to know how to make your LinkedIn account private by using an iOS or Android device:
- Go to your LinkedIn app on your mobile. Install it if it is not already then sign in to your LinkedIn account.
- Tap on your profile icon at the top of the screen adjacent to the search bar. Then select the option of “View Profile”.
- A new screen will open which contains a gear sign or the settings icon at the top right side of the screen. Click the icon which will open the settings
- Click on the “Privacy ” option which will be present in the tab.
- Tap on the “Edit your Public Profile” option under the privacy tab.
- On the new tab, under the heading of “Edit Visibility,” you will find the option of “Your Profile’s public visibility”, toggle the switch to off the Visibility of your profile.
By using the above-mentioned procedure your LinkedIn profile is not picked up by search engines and seen by others.
Hopefully, you will find this article helpful, to know more about LinkedIn features, visit our website.