Instagram is a platform where a person shares photos as well as videos with friends and family. Instagram is such a huge platform on which 2 billion people share their memories every day. It’s a great place to collect your memories, trip pictures, birthdays, and special meals.
It may happen sometimes that a person posts something on Instagram which no longer relates to that person. Some posts create mental pressure on the creator’s mind and want to remove it from the personal feed. If a person wants to know how to delete Instagram posts then it can be done in simple steps.
It is important to know that it becomes impossible to regain the post which is once deleted but to regain an archived post is a quick process. Most people don’t know how to delete Instagram posts or archive them. If you want to learn how to delete Instagram posts then the given article will help you in this regard.
Deleting an Instagram post
The steps that are involved in how to delete Instagram posts are given below:
- Search the Instagram icon present in your mobile from the main menu and tap on it to open the Instagram application. At the lower right corner of the screen, there is an option of ‘Profile’ just tap on the option to open the profile screen.
- On the Instagram profile page, you will see all of your posts including photos and videos. Just tap on the post which you want to delete from your Instagram feed. There would be three dots on the upper right side of the photo page.
- When a person taps on these three dots, the menu will appear on the screen with different options. Just select the ‘Delete’ option from the given options. A person will be asked again in the popup options whether you want to confirm the action or not.
- A person needs to tap on the ‘Delete’ option again to confirm the action of deleting that specific post from the Instagram feed.
Through this process, a person came to know how to delete Instagram posts.
Archiving an Instagram post
Archiving means removing a post from the eyes of all the audience except you. The steps that are involved in archiving an Instagram post are given below:
- Search for the Instagram application present on your mobile and tap on it to open it. Tap on the profile option which is present at the lower right side of the Instagram screen to open up the profile menu.
- Select the photo which you want to archive from your Instagram feed. There would be three dots at the upper right side of the username, tap on these 3 dots to open more options.
- A popup menu will appear on the screen tap on the ‘Archive’ option from the given options. In this way, a person can easily archive a post from the Instagram feed.
If a person wants to un-archive a post on Instagram then it is a simple and quick process. Tap on the photo which you want to show and then the three dots which are present on the upper right side. Select option of ‘Show on Profile’ which will directly un-archive a post and a person can like, share and comment on the post.
If a person wants to permanently remove a post from their feed then they must delete the post from Instagram. Some people don’t want to permanently delete a post; rather a person needs to tap, they just want to hide the post from the public, so it is suggested that they must archive the post from Instagram. It is important to be clear that deleted posts will become invisible for all but archived posts will be visible to the person yourself, not anyone else.