As the world is developing day by day, different mobile phone companies around the world are also in a race to enhance their cell phone features. Every phone has its features.
If we talk about the iPhone, there is a question: How to turn off the iPhone? There is some difference in turning On or Off an iPhone than other cell phones. It may be iPhone X,iPhone 11,iPhone 12, these all turned Off differently.
To turn off the older iPhone we had to hold and press the power button, a slide with the ‘Power Off’ option appeared, and the iPhone was turned Off.
But now iPhone companies devised another feature for turning Off an iPhone. Now on iPhone 11 or iPhone X, Siri activates by pressing and holding the side button. Buttons can also be used for turning off an iPhone.
Operating Buttons for Turning off an iPhone
An iPhone can be turned off by using two methods:
- Pressing the Volume Up or Volume Down button and Power button at the same time for a while will bring a slide with the ‘Power off’ option, this is How we can turn Off iPhone.
- The other way of turning off an iPhone is to rapidly click Volume Up button following the Volume Down button afterward click and hold the Power button for a while then the ‘Power off’ slide will appear.SOS slider will not appear while using this method.
After using any method you have to drag the ‘Power Off’ slider from slide to right. But if any of the methods will be canceled by you then the password will be required to access your cell phone.
In a case where a person is not comfortable using buttons or is not familiar with the buttons, he may use ‘Settings’ to restart his phone. For this he has to follow the steps given below:
- Click on the ‘Settings’ from Home Screen.
- An option ‘General’ will appear in settings. Select it.
- From ‘General’ settings, select ‘Shut Down’.
Then drag the Power Off slider to the right for turning Off your iPhone.
Power On your iPhone:
To power on an iPhone, we have to press the side button for a while till the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Utilizing buttons to restart iPhone:
There are some ways to restart the iPhone by using buttons. This method is like the second method of turning off an iPhone.
Following are the steps for restarting an iPhone:
1.The first step is to rapidly press the ‘Volume Up’ button just one time
2.The second step is to press the ‘Volume Down’ button just one time.
Now we have to press as well as hold the power button. We will see the Slide to Power Off slider but keep holding the power button, Apple Logo will appear. After this, our phone will be restarted.
When you are using this method, you have to be careful because if you press the ‘Volume Down’ button before the ‘Volume Up’ button while holding the Power button then Emergency services will automatically be dialed.
Using Assistive Touch:
If anyone feels any disturbance in using buttons for restarting the iPhone there are some more ways to restart the iPhone.One of the easiest is to use ‘Assistive touch’.
‘Assistive touch’ is a feature in which one person can perform different tasks just by touching the screen rather than pressing buttons.
To avail of this feature we just have to follow the steps below:
- Click on ‘Accessibility’ by going into ‘Settings.
- Then the option ‘Touch’ will appear. Select it.
- Click on the option ‘Assistive touch’ in the Touch setting. By Touching the ‘Assistive Touch’ option, the toddler will switch On and it will turn green.
- Then to add the ‘Restart’ option to ‘Assistive Touch’, click on ‘Customize Top Level Menu’. Then some options will appear. We can select any of them or we can also add some options to it by using the plus and minus option.
- Now we have to scroll down the list and select ‘Restart’ by tapping on it. Now the ‘Restart’ option will add to it and we can Restart our phone easily by selecting it from ‘Assistive Touch’ on the screen.
Now we have to scroll down the list and select ‘Restart’ by tapping on it. Now the ‘Restart’ option will add to it and we can restart our phone easily by selecting it from ‘Assistive Touch’ on the screen.
Using Voice Control to Restart iPhone:
Using voice control is another easiest way of restarting the iPhone. If one person has not used voice control ever then he has to set it first. Follow the steps:
- Select the ‘Accessibility’ option from ‘Settings
- Then select ‘Voice Control’.
- Set up ‘Voice Control’ from the voice control screen.
- Click on Continue.
A list will appear that will describe the features of ‘Voice Control’.Click on ‘Done’.To restart the iPhone by using ‘Voice Control’ we just have to say ‘Reboot Device’. Then click on ‘Restart’.
Now we are familiar with all the methods of restarting and turning off the iPhone.