A person needs to keep in check how he is represented in the world. Our social media profiles are important platforms where our whole personality is depicted from first to last. Sometimes a person may post some inappropriate material on social media, which finds it offensive or harassing for others.
Those offensive and harassing material no matter if it is posted in immaturity or mistakenly is now depicting the personality of a person in a wrong way. It is important to correct the mistakes to clear the image of a person in front of a huge audience on social media.
Famous personalities as well as common people do the same on their social media accounts, if their action or post hurts someone or a community they just remove the post with a sorry note.
Hence it is clear that while using a social media account, a person needs to know how to remove posts from social media accounts especially from Facebook due to its large audience. Facebook is working hard to remind the past to its users by reminding the old photos, friends, and locations of a person from time to time.
It becomes important to check what is popping up on our notification bar according to our interests. If you are facing a problem that Facebook keeps on suggesting you cheap material on your account or the memes you find in suggestion no more grab your attraction. If you are facing all these problems then nothing to worry about because this article will guide you to all the solutions to these problems.
Also, See: How To Remove Facebook Search History
It is important to first confirm your Facebook account outlook by checking the whole profile once again completely with keen eyes. To review the profile following steps are needed to follow:
- Open the Facebook account and move towards the personal profile. Select the three dots which will be present next to the option of edit profile.
- Click on the option of ‘View As’ which is an eye icon to see how other persons who are not on the friend list will see the profile.
Deleting old post
Facebook has helped users to delete the posts in simple and quick steps. Those steps are as follows:
- Open your profile and select the three dots that are considered as the menu buttons. Click on the activity log which will show all the actions and reactions of a user on his posts.
- A person can find the posts by searching with the date or name of the person. On a computer, a person can also select the type of posts from the header.
- If a person wants to delete an old post then must select the three dots present on each post and click on ‘Delete’ to completely remove it. For the removal of different posts at the same time, put a mark next to the post and select ‘Archive/Trash’ from the options present at the top right side of the screen.
Hiding old posts
It is also possible that a person can hide a post or make it private instead of deleting it. The following steps are used to hide a post from the timeline:
- Move towards the timeline of your account and select the desired post. Select ‘Edit Audience’ where you can select ‘only me’ if you want to make it private or select ‘Friends Except/Friends specific’ if you want to allow few people to watch it.
- Another process to hide a post is to select the arrow icon at the upper right corner of the profile. Move towards ‘Settings and Privacy’ which will lead to ‘Settings’. Click on ‘Privacy’ from the settings and you will see an option of ‘Limit past post’. If you want to make all of your posts just limited to friends then select this option.
- Mobile users can hide the post by selecting the three dots option at the upper right side of the screen and selecting ‘Privacy and settings’. Click on ‘Settings’ and move towards ‘Privacy settings’. By selecting the option of ‘Who can see the post’ a person can limit the post viewers.
This article contains all the information regarding the removal of Facebook posts. Follow our website if you like our work.