Most Apple users feel comfortable using FaceTime apps for calling their friends and family. If you are an Apple user then there is a chance that you may not know that you can record your FaceTime call whether it is personal or related to business.
For recording purposes on your iPhone or Mac, you need a quick time player along with the Mac operating system or iOS. But don’t have to pay money for the software as a quick-time player is installed already in macOS. Read the given article to know the whole procedure for recording a call on facetime from your iPhone or Mac.
Can you record a FaceTime conversation on an iPhone?
Yes, you can easily record the call on FaceTime from your iPhone but the recording will not contain audio as Apple does not allow its iPad and iPhone users to record the facetime call with audio because of some privacy concerns. But you can record your FaceTime call with audio by using the given steps:
- Firstly you have to link the iPhone and your Mac with each other. You can use a USB C cable or lightning to connect your iPhone with mac.
- After connecting your iPhone to the Mac, open QuickTime player on your Mac computer. On the main screen of Quicktime Player, you will find the file option at the top header bar, after clicking on it a drop-down menu will appear on the screen.
- Click on the New movie recording option from the drop-down menu. Then a record button will appear on the QuickTime player window beside it a downward arrow is present, click on that drop-down arrow. A list will open on the screen which contains available cameras and select your iPhone from the list.
- After unlocking your iPhone its display screen will appear on the QuickTime player screen on your Mac. Ensure that the volume rocker is turned on in a QuickTime player. Drag the volume slider to change the volume according to your choice.
- Go to the FaceTime app on your iPhone and start recording from your Mac. Stop the recording by clicking on the stop button on your Mac computer when you have done your FaceTime call.
- Again click on the file option and from the menu select save as. Select the location from where your recorded file will be store and then hit the save button.
How do I record FaceTime audio on my Mac?
Follow the given steps to know how to record a FaceTime call on your Mac computer:
- Open the FaceTime app on your Mac computer and press command+5+ shift keys from your keyboard to invoke the screenshot menu.
- From the screenshot menu clicks on the options button. A menu will open from which select the location under the heading of “save to” where you want to save your recording file. Otherwise, it will be saved automatically at the desktop of your Mac computer.
- On the same menu click on the Built-in microphone option under the heading of the microphone. Then decide whether you want to record the selected portion of the screen or the entire screen. Select the “record entire screen” or “record selected portion” option from the screenshot menu.
- Click on the record option present at the last of the screenshot menu and recording will start on your Mac computer. Make a call All on FaceTime and after cutting the call click on the stop recording button from the menu present at the the top of mac screen.
Your face time recording will be saved at the location which you have selected earlier. You can see the recorded call whenever you want and you can also share it by using any social media app.
FaceTime is used worldwide for calling purposes on iPhone and Mac computers. You can record FaceTime calls on your iPhone and Mac computer easily. When you record the FaceTime call on your iPhone it will be saved without audio but you can save it with audio by linking it to your Mac computer as the process is described in the above article.