As there is a famous saying that ‘To err is human’.Humans make mistakes and after knowing about them they try to fix them. Similarly, if a person has commented on a post that is not appropriate and after some time he comes to know that he has done a mistake then a question arises in his mind that ‘How to delete comment on Facebook’.
It is not a big deal to delete comments on Facebook. We can easily delete a comment on Facebook as well as can edit it. But the way of deleting the comment on Facebook will be difficult from post to post. We can also decide whether we want to delete our comment or someone else’s comment on our post.
Deleting Comment on Facebook:
Deleting comment facebook is very easy. It needs just one or two steps to follow:
- A person can delete a comment that he has sent on his post or the post of someone else, by just clicking on the three dots at the right side of the comment. Few options will appear, select the ‘Delete’ option.
- A person can easily edit a comment that he has sent on his post or someone else posts by just clicking the three dots on the right side. Few options will appear, select the ‘Edit’ option. Editing comments is very similar to deleting comments on Facebook.
- A person can delete a post that he has sent on his wall or a Facebook group or page by just clicking on the three dots on the upper right side of the post and selecting the “Delete’ option. It is also similar to deleting comments but the only difference is that the ‘Delete ‘option appears after further scrolling down.
- We can also edit our post by doing the same steps, which are to click on three dots on the right side of the post and select ‘Edit.
Deleting or Editing Someone else Comments:
A person can also delete or edit the comment sent by someone else but the only condition is that the comments must be on his post. Follow the steps:
- Select the three dots at the right side of the post and press on the ‘Delete’ option. By doing this step, we will delete the comment sent by someone else on our post on Facebook.
- To delete a comment posted by someone else on the Facebook group or post that is being managed by you, select the ‘Delete’ option by clicking on three-dot on the right side of the comment.
Reasons for Deleting Comments:
A person can have a lot of reasons to delete his comment or someone else comment on his post or the Facebook page or group run by him. Let us have a look at them:
- A person has commented on the post and after some time he realized that his comment may hurt someone else’s feelings. So he decided to delete it.
- Sometimes one’s comment on any post becomes the cause of someone’s misunderstanding. So deleting that comment is a better way to resolve that issue.
- Sometimes a person comments inappropriately. So he thinks to delete it before people take that comment in the wrong way.
Sometimes third-party apps posted something without taking our permission. That’s why deleting that comment is a better way to come out of that situation. Sometimes people delete their comments because of harsh reactions from the audience.