Nowadays, when a person is having any difficulty in his work then the first step that he takes is searching about it on a browser. Different people prefer different browsers. Some people consider chrome to be best while others prefer firefox. But every person is having problems with the cookies on the browser.
People who are having problems with the cookies on the iPhone can follow the steps mentioned to get rid of the annoying cookies. Cookies are data that is shown by websites so that they can remember us every time we open that website. If a person wants to get rid of them then the only solution is to clear them.
Clear cookies from iphone
If a person wants to clear cookies from an iPhone to get rid of them then he can follow the given simple steps:
- First of all, we have to move to the ‘Settings’ and then go to ‘Safari’ and select the option ‘Clear history and website data. Following the above steps will automatically clear all history and cookies but our autofill information will remain safe.
- If a person wants to save his history but wants to remove all the cookies then he has to move to the ‘Settings’ and then ‘Safari’. Search for the ‘Advanced’ settings and then tap on website data.
- Here we’ll see the ‘Remove all website data option. By selecting this option all cookies will be removed from our device but the history remains the same.
Steps for blocking cookies
As mentioned above the data used by websites to remember us whenever we use it, is said to be cookies. We can block all the cookies from the iPhone to get rid of them. For this, we have to move to the settings and then Safari. Here we will see the ‘Block all cookie’s option. We can turn it on to block the cookies from the iPhone.
Using content blockers
A person can use different third-party apps that allow Safari to block cookies, pop-ups, resources, and other content from the iPhone. A person can follow the given steps to block cookies by using content blockers:
- The first step that you have to follow before using a content blocker is to download this app from the app store of an iPhone and then select the Safari option after selecting settings.
- Then search for option ‘Content blockers’ and we can also set up the extensions according to our desire.
Will clearing cookies delete passwords?
A lot of people clear their cookies but then think about the circumstances of clearing them. Some people want to know whether removing cookies results in the deletion of passwords or not. By removing cookies we are allowing the phone’s settings to remove all the information saved in a browser that contains account passwords, settings, and website preferences.
The main advantage of removing cookies is for those who are sharing their devices with other people and don’t want them to have access to their browsing history.
Where do I find cookies in safari?
We have to move to ‘Safari’ and then select the preferences option. After this, search for ‘Privacy’ and then tap on the ‘Manage website data’ button. Now, a list of websites will appear on the screen that contains cookies on our computer. These cookies can be utilized to track our browsing. Moreover, the data stored by the website will also be shown here like cached files, etc.