Technology has advanced in this era, a person can remove the footsteps he followed. A person can also remove the history of his social media accounts, especially the history of Facebook accounts in a few seconds.
History is useful as well as private. It depends on the person who is looking at it whether it is good to save the history or bad. Facebook apps are present in mobile phones as well as on PCs so there are 2 ways to delete Facebook searches.
Using Mobile phone
Following steps are involved in deleting Facebook search history:
- First, find the Facebook app from the mobile apps and open it. The easiest way to delete Facebook search history is by using a search field.
- ‘Search Field’ is present at the upper part of the screen just click on it.
- At the upper right part of the screen there lies an option of ‘Edit’ tap on this option.
- Select the search item then find an option of ‘X’ at the right side of that search. By tapping on option x then the selected search will be deleted. As all the searches are enlisted according to months so one can open all the searches by tapping on the months.
- Another option which is ‘Clear Searches’ is present in the Activity Log, if a person selects that option then the whole of the search history will be deleted. Before the complete deletion system will ask the person whether they want to confirm this action or not.
- To move back again to the news feed an icon that is present at the lower left side of the screen needed to be tapped. This will complete the process of deletion of search history from Facebook using a Mobile phone.
Following steps are required to follow to delete the search history of Facebook from PC:
- Open facebook.com in the browser of the PC and the easiest way is to delete history from the search bar.
- Select the search bar option which is present at the upper part of the screen. If a person has no search history then selecting the search bar won’t provide more options.
- Select the ‘Edit’ option which is present at the upper right portion of the screen when we click on the search bar option.
- Select an icon that looks like a circle having a line in it, which is the present right side of the entry option. Now the system will again ask whether you want to delete it or not. By confirming the delete action that specific search history will be deleted.
- If a person wants to delete all the searches present in that account then click on the option ‘Clear Searches’. This action is present on the upper right side of the screen.
- Select the icon of Facebook which is present at the upper left side of the screen. This will take us to the ‘News Feed’, hence the deletion process of the Facebook search history of an account on PC is completed.
It is better to delete the whole search history completely rather than going from month to month search history, it saves time and energy. It is also the warning that if a person wants to delete the Facebook search history then there is no process to regain it.