In a world of technology, every person has an android device that he uses for work purposes, for entertainment, or any other purpose. While using his pone he must have fulfilled all the requirements asked by the mobile setting.
Hence he has to enter his Gmail account. But if due to some reason he has to delete his account he must know How to delete it? We just have to follow some steps to Remove the Gmail account.
Some of the reasons due to which he want to delete his Gmail account are:
- He may want to add another Gmail account.
- His account may be hacked by someone.
- He may want to delete it due to social media harassment.
- He may be getting some wrong Emails. So just want to get rid of them, he decided to delete his Gmail account.
Removing Gmail account:
Steps for removing a Gmail account from the android device may be different from other devices. If a person wants to delete his Gmail account from an android device then he has to follow the given steps:
- Click on the ‘Settings’ and then tap on ‘Accounts’.
- Accounts option will appear, select ‘Gmail Account’.
- Click on ‘Remove Account’.
- Then we will be asked for confirmation. Click on ‘Remove Account’
Stop Receiving Emails But keep Account:
If a person uses some other app for receiving Emails then he can stop getting Emails from the Gmail app by turning off the notification.
- Click on ‘Accounts’ after opening the ‘Setting’.
- Click on ‘Gmail Account’.On some devices, we will be asked to ‘Gmail’ first.
- Select ‘Sync Account’.
- After selecting ‘Sync Account’ Scroll down until we see an option ‘Gmail’.click on the toggle of option ‘Gmail’.
This will stop receiving emails but our account will be saved.
Also See: How To Delete Gmail Google Account
Turning Off Gmail Notification:
If a person wants to save his Gmail account and messages but wants to stop notification of new emails then the only solution to this problem is to off the notifications of Gmail. Follow the steps:
- Open the ‘Gmail’ app and click on the three dots at the upper end on the left side.
- After scrolling down; the’ Setting’ option will appear. Select it.
- Click on the relevant account.
- Click on the option ‘Notification’.Select ‘None’ to turn them off.
This is how we can turn off the Gmail notification. Doing this will not affect our Gmail account.
Hurdles While Removing Gmail Account:
While following the above steps for removing the Gmail Account from an Android phone, a person has to face a lot of difficulties. Some of them are:
- We might have to click on the three menu buttons to remove the Gmail account after following the first four steps.
- If the menu button will not available at that time so we have to search for the physical or virtual button having three vertical lines. Select it after following three steps. This will open a three-button menu.
- If a person is having some problems while removing his primary account then the only solution is to create a new account. Now choose this account as the primary account and delete the previous primary account.
I hope all your queries will be solved after reading this article. Please follow us on our Facebook and other social media sites.