Google has provided many services and related facilities to ease their customers. All Google services are easy to use and easy to access. By default, many icons or shortcuts are present on the home screen of android phones.
These icons are small in size and are used to go directly to any particular place with just one click.
Google search bar is an efficient Google assistant service. You can type anything you want to search by doing one click on the search bar. A small microphone icon is also available at the right corner of the search bar.
You can use the Google Voice service through this icon. But if the search bar is not in use or the user does not need to search anything then it is quite useless to be on the home screen.
The main reason why a user removes the Google search bar is that it occupies a large area on the home screen. The user can use this space for other important shortcuts and the wallpaper will be more visible.
The process to remove the Google search bar on stock android devices
You can remove the Google search bar from many android stock devices including android 10 devices but you can not remove the Google search bar from Google pixel devices. To remove the Google search bar press the icon and an option of ” Remove” will appear on the home screen, keep pressing and drag the widget to that option and then leave it.
Steps to remove Google search bar on Samsung devices
Follow the given steps to remove the Google search bar from the home screen of a Samsung mobile including the new Galaxy Note 20 and Samsung Galaxy S21:
- Press the Google search bar widget present on the home screen.
- A popup will appear on the screen showing the “Remove it” option. Click on it and the Google search bar will disappear from the screen.
If you need it back then you can regain the Google search bar on Samsung device by following the given steps:
- Log press on the space of your screen where you want to add the Google search bar widget.
- A menu will appear on the screen, press the “Widgets” option from the menu.
- Find the folder of “Google apps” from the widgets and tap it .
- Navigate the Search bar from the apps folder, long-press it then drags it to space on your home screen where you want to regain it, and then drop the widget.
Steps to remove Google search bar on Sony handsets
Follow the given steps to remove the Google search bar from the home screen of a Sony handset
- Tap and long-press on your home screen and you will see a menu on the screen.
- The menu will contain a Google search bar on the top of the screen. Press and hold it until an option of “Remove” will pop up.
- Press the home button of your sony handset, Google search bar will be hidden.
After removing the Google search bar from your sony handset, if you need it, then you can get it back by tapping and long pressing space on your home screen and a menu will appear at the lower part of the screen. Select the widgets option from the menu and then select the Google search bar.
You can remove the Google search bar by following the above-mentioned process. Other suggestions are also present that a user can follow to remove the Google search bar from the home screen. One suggestion is to disable the Google app, by disabling the Google app Google search bar will automatically disappear from your home screen.
Thank you for reading the article. You can learn more about Google apps and mobile settings by reading our articles on our website.