Google home and its other variants are smart portable speakers that work as an artificial intelligent assistant and lets the user command over all the appliances that are being controlled by it. If a person has a device such as an artificially intelligent assistant smart tv or light or camera or any other device it can control and seizes the appliance at any time.
Such smart appliances will let its users access all the features present in the appliance just by the voice command which is given to the ultra-responsive artificially intelligent google assistant. Besides all its benefits, sometimes people face different problems while using google home which requires resetting google home.
Most people don’t know how to reset google home. If you are facing any problem using google home then this article is a great opportunity for you to learn how to reset google home.
How to reset Google Home
If a person wants to know how to reset google home then the following steps are needed to follow:
- It is important to start a process of how to reset a google home that a person plugs in the device and waits for it to turn on. There is no FDR button (Factory data reset button) that we can use to reset a google home. So a person needs to use the microphone mute button as a factory data reset button.
- A microphone button is needed to hold and press for 15 seconds to reset google home. A microphone button will be present at the lower side of google home.
- A person will hear that the google home will warn when the press and hold of the microphone switch will extend the limit.
This will clean the memory and settings of the google home and the system configuration will stand at the initial point after following the above steps.
How to reset Google Home Mini
A person needs to know how to reset Google home that Google home mini has two generations:
2. Second Generation
- First Generation Google home mini has a factory data rest button which is under the power cord. A person just needs to press and hold the factory data reset button for about 15 seconds to complete the process of resetting google home mini first generation. A person will hear the sound of ‘Chime’ when the process of resetting is completed.
- Second Generation Google home Mini has quite a different process to reset than first-generation Google home mini. Factory data reset button is absent in the second generation hence a person needed to turn the microphone button off.
After turning off the microphone button it is important to press and hold the center for the Google Home for a few seconds. The LED light will first pulse Orange and then the ‘Chime’ sound will be heard. This is the indication that the device is reset.
How to reset Google Home Max
Just as the duplicate of Google home mini first-generation Google Home Max also has a factory data reset button for the resetting process. This button can be seen close to the power socket on the smart appliance. A person is needed to press and hold the factory data reset button for about 15 seconds until Google assistant will start warning you.
The Google Assistant will warn that a person is trying to start the process of factory data reset. When the Google Assistant completed that announcement of warning about the process of resetting a person can stop pressing the factory data reset button.
If a person faces connectivity problems or tries to sell a smart appliance then it becomes very important to reset the google home. Above mentioned steps will help a user to reset google home, google home mini and google home max to avoid future chaos.