To secure your Instagram account you must have a strong password. Every person has a unique password that he has to remember. If you accidentally log out from Instagram or you are login into Instagram on a new device then you need your account password.
Although Instagram is very less likely to be had by a hacker because of the lack of storage of card details in it but for the privacy of your account. You will need to reset your password after some time. If your password is revealed to someone then it is better to change your password to make your account and data on your Instagram secure with your hands.
How to Change Instagram Password on Mobile
You can use the given steps if you have your login account but if you are login in by using your Facebook account then you have to change your password for your Facebook account. Follow the following steps to know how to change your Instagram password:
- It is best to change your password from the Instagram app instead of the website
- Open the application of Instagram on an Android or iOS device, move towards the profile screen by clicking the profile icon present at the right bottom side of your screen.
- If you are using multiple accounts on your Instagram app then ensure that you are on the right profile. If you are not in the right profile then go to your right profile by tapping the arrow present adjacent to your profile name. Then all your accounts will appear, select the account you want to change your Instagram password.
- Add to the main screen and click on three horizontal lines at the upper part of the screen. A new menu will appear which contains a list of options at the bottom of your menu setting option, on it, a sub-menu will appear which contains a lot of options including notification, privacy, security, etc.
- From the options select the fourth option security.
- A security tab will open which contains a login security option. Select the first option “ Password “.
- A new window will open which will ask you about your current password and the new password you want to set. First, type your password that is already used in and then in the next option type the new password you want to set.
- In the last option again type your new password to confirm it. In the left corner of this screen, you will find an option to reset your current password if you have forgotten it. If you are using any password manager then don’t forget to add your new password of Instagram in it.
How to Change Instagram Password on computer
To change the Instagram password on your computer the steps are similar to a mobile phone. Follow the given steps to change the Instagram password on your computer:
- Go to the Instagram website on a browser
- Click on your profile icon present on the top right corner of the screen and then select the “settings” option from the menu.
- On the left side of the screen, select the option of “change the password”.
- A new window will open, firstly add your existing password then add your new password two times in the given boxes. If you are forgetting your old password then an option is present in the last to reset it.
Hopefully, you find this article helpful. To read more interesting articles visit our website.